This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychonauts 2....o_O

Uhm...OK. Somebody hit my chest and make sure my heart's still beating. That, and send some heaters down to Hell -- they're gonna need 'em.

http://www.destructoid.com/double-fi...2-324140.phtml
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Sad story: I've never played the first one, nor even know which system it's for.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

See, the problem with this is that you have to give money to Tim Schafer. The last time he did this he had to beg three times plus get a publisher funding and only delivered half a game. Plus one of his little "side projects" that he was doing early access with was abandoned before even half of the promoted features were delivered on.

Sorry, no. The only thing keeping Double Fine afloat right now is the belief that Schafer is some kind of grand visionary but the man can't manage money to save his life. He might be the company's greatest strength, but he's also it's biggest weakness. If I wanted to throw my money away I have better options than a promise from a man who can't keep promises.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

LL - I'm wary, myself. Just...hopeful

Mr Hero - Original XBOX/PS/Steam -- It was 99c during the steam sale that just ended, and will likely be similarly cheap for the one starting up in another week or two. If you use steam, try it for an hour and get a refund if ye don't like it (2 hour limit of actual playtime, or 2 weeks limit since you bought it, whichever comes first)
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I can understand the wariness. There's one big factor why I say "hell no" to the man. The method he wants the donations to go through? Fig, the crowdfunding system owned by him. It was set up shortly after Kickstarter changed their policy to something more consumer friendly (ie the operator of the project can face legal action if the promises weren't kept).

This is a man who desperately needs considerable oversight to keep him on track but wants none. To that end I'll keep what little cash I have away from him.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
          X