Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sounds like it's time for the bank to foreclose on Betty. Just like Sketchy, the bank will continue losing money unless it cuts its losses now.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Quoth catcul View Post
      It sounds like it's time for the bank to foreclose on Betty. Just like Sketchy, the bank will continue losing money unless it cuts its losses now.
      I agree with catcul, it's obvious Betty's not working with your bank and will just continue to let the situation spiral out of control...

Comment

• This is way more exciting than any soap opera. :P

Also, what makes you think this inheritance is real? Can she have falsified the trustee letter?

It's not like it matters, even if everything is paid off she'll just be in the same position in a year or two.
        Last edited by Tama; 06-12-2015, 07:25 PM.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• In order to foreclose, we have to follow proper procedures. Which means we have to wait until there's an event of default, then give them a month to remedy the default. We can foreclose for lack of insurance, for example, but we have to give them a month to get insurance first.

Quoth Tama View Post
          Also, what makes you think this inheritance is real? Can she have falsified the trustee letter?
          I doubt it. The fax came from her accountant's office, and I trust her accountant more than her.

It's not like it matters, even if everything is paid off she'll just be in the same position in a year or two.
          She'll be back in the same position in a month. Two at the outside. She'll do the same thing I've seen many customers do when they suddenly found themselves with a large sum of money they weren't accustomed to. She'll spend it on crap she doesn't need. Or the IRS will take it. But in any case, she'll be out the money within a few months, and back in the same boat she's in now, trying desperately to bail out water before she sinks.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
            But in any case, she'll be out the money within a few months, and back in the same boat she's in now, trying desperately to bail out water before she sinks.
            Betty and her husband don't seem to be taking this very seriously, and somehow I doubt they will until the gentleman from the IRS shows up to "help them"...

Comment

• Inheritance

Quoth Ghel View Post
              She'll be back in the same position in a month. Two at the outside. She'll do the same thing I've seen many customers do when they suddenly found themselves with a large sum of money they weren't accustomed to. She'll spend it on crap she doesn't need. Or the IRS will take it. But in any case, she'll be out the money within a few months, and back in the same boat she's in now, trying desperately to bail out water before she sinks.
              When my Mom died I inherited enough money to last me four to five years, instead it only lasted me two plus years because I spent it too fast.

This month sold my cabin up north that I could no longer use because of my stroke, so what did I do with the money?

I paid off my tax-free savings, put aside money to pay the income taxes next year and bought two different company stocks.

I still will end up spending the money, but this time I will have the money stored away in places that force me to consider what I am spending the money on, and it will not be a wave of a bank card away. I wish I had done this two years ago, I would infact be richer now since many of the stocks have increased in price.

Comment

• BTW, for those of you unaware there is another Betty thread - http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=89989

She's still playing the same games...

Comment

• A seven year story, wow.
                  My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

• Quoth Tama View Post
                    A seven year story, wow.
                    This is why I find it hard to believe it's taken this long for Ghel's bank to finally start putting their foot down on Betty and her shenanigans...

Comment

• Probably they are making bank on the interest, as it were
                      My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

• Quoth Tama View Post
                        Probably they are making bank on the interest, as it were
                        I see no profit here myself...

Comment

• The bank has made a lot of money off Betty from interest and fees. However, if you compare that to the number of employee-hours that go into maintaining their file (collections, following up on insurance, etc.), I doubt the bank is making anything on this customer.

Before the bank changed hands, about 5 years ago now, the old management felt that they should work with Betty as much as possible. I think it was mostly because hers is one of only four restaurants in town and they didn't want the bad publicity if it went under. As I mentioned earlier, we can't defend ourself if someone bad-mouths the bank, due to privacy laws.
                          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                            The bank has made a lot of money off Betty from interest and fees. However, if you compare that to the number of employee-hours that go into maintaining their file (collections, following up on insurance, etc.), I doubt the bank is making anything on this customer.
                            In the end how much of this "profit" is going to be illusional due to having to be written off as a bad debt?

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                              However, if you compare that to the number of employee-hours that go into maintaining their file
                              Unfortunatly in many business, this cost is not ever considered.
                              How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

• Backup

Quoth TimmyHate View Post
                                Unfortunatly in many business, this cost is not ever considered.
                                Really, one of the reasons people don't do backups of their computers is they never calculate how much it will cost to re-enter the data if their databases are lost.

I know one instance that to save $250 for a disk pack for backup purposes the customer ended up spending thousands of dollars in over-time to get the accounting data back.

Comment

Working...
                                X