Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about displayig the posters location next to their avatar.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about displayig the posters location next to their avatar.

I've seen georgaphic pronouns too many times in peoples posts. There are a lot of threads where the location of the poster is important to the story and isn't mentioned, Threads about taxes, tipping, cuisine come to mind.

This isn't always a problem because I can look at the posters profile and sometimes there are clues, currencies, francified spellings from the U.K, courtesy from Canada, contractions from Australia but is is still a hassle.

And one request to everybody. Don't use cutsey responses in your profile when it prevents you from giving relevant information. Just leave it blank or enter "private" or something like that.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Mark, you do make a good point, but, due to the nature of the site, I think a lot of people use those "cutesy" expressions, rather than giving out their location, to protect their privacy.

More than one member has had to ask the mods to intervene to either change their name or perform some other edit because they have had acquaintances or co-workers follow them here to stir up trouble.

I completely understand your side that posts make more sense if we know from which country they are originating, but I hope you can also understand that people have a right to their anonymity as well.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
    X