Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Unsupportable

Old 03-25-2016, 09:44 PM
Computer Wizard

Quote:
Quoth wolfie View Post
Not quite correct. So far as I know, NONE of the PhrootFone series have (user-)removable batteries. ALL GSM phones have SIM cards. My PhrootFone 6 Plus is on a GSM network - it's got a little drawer on the side, with a hole beside it where you push in a pin to open the drawer and get to the SIM card.
This is true. But additionally, most SIM cards are in fact capable of storing a limited number of contacts, and this was the usual place to do so on early GSM phones (up to and including the 3310, at least). This saved having to put writable, non-volatile storage in the phone as well.

Modern phones tend to store contacts in their own storage instead.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Ex-Puncher of Tickets

"I don't understand why..." - I don't care why, and shall be offended if you attempt to explain; I just want to look like I'm making a vital contribution in the discussion.

(Not a co-irker as such, but a fellow officer of a club that I'm currently on the organising committee.