This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsupportable - forum title fits this user

We have a user who's ... um ... 'challenged' but believes she knows everything. She is also never at fault for anything. This is the same woman who didn't even bother to tell me she was done when I sat at her site for two days while she had an important document to work on ("just in case" they needed tech support).

So on-call tech tells me this morning she phoned last night after hours. She was downloading some file from some website and it was taking "too long". Could he go in and adjust the file properties so that she could download it quicker?

He asked what site, it's not ours. He explained that we have access to our site only and can't do things to other people's sites. She says "No, that is incorrect!" and tells him she KNOWS he can go in and fix this file.

He says "So you're telling me I have access to every single website in the world?" She starts to get it, but then pulls her trump card - "But $Boss-of-us-both needs this".

Yeah, well, we still can't change files on other people's websites. So she asks what she can do and he says "wait longer". Ha ha!

Quoth One-Fang
    This is the same woman who didn't even bother to tell me she was done when I sat at her site for two days while she had an important document to work on ("just in case" they needed tech support).
    That reminds me of the lady who insisted that I stay on the phone with her for 30 minutes while she downloaded an update over her 56K "just in case.' I offered her my direct line so she could reach me if anything went wrong. No dice. Someday I'll repost that story.

Quoth One-Fang
    She starts to get it, but then pulls her trump card - "But $Boss-of-us-both needs this".
    Oh, yes. All SCs know that whining the words "But I neeeeed it" will magically change the impossible into the possible.

Quoth One-Fang
    So she asks what she can do and he says "wait longer". Ha ha!
    Priceless! I love it when someone spells out the plain truth like that.
    Last edited by Dips; 07-20-2006, 07:19 PM.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang
      Yeah, well, we still can't change files on other people's websites. So she asks what she can do and he says "wait longer". Ha ha!
      I've had to be straight up like that with some customers & they get so MAD! Still, I'm being honest & up front about the situation, so what can they say?
      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Working...
      X