This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlights from My Last Day: Kinda Good Actually

So due to scheduling, today was my last day at Jeers. Here's some highlights.

1. I go in two hours early.

At the request of the store manager, because the person who was supposed to open NCNSed yesterday. He didn't trust her to show up today (she didn't). Made for a long day but meh.

2. Store manager screws up my change ("ha-ha" a la Nelson Muntz, only he thought it was funny too).

Same store manager who asked me to come in early gets me my change. We have currency bags with the number of each register on them. So each register gets the right change. He brings me back two registers worth of change in ONE bag. Which I didn't catch until after I'd put it all into the one register it was, you know, LABELLED to go into. I let the appropriate staff know if the registers were off that night, that was why. Fortunately, everyone (manager who did it included) found this funny.

3. An almost-raise.

Store manager tells me he's sorry to see me go, but is glad I can make more money at the new job. Yesterday he asked me how much I was going to be making. Implied he would have matched it if corporate would let him.

4. I apparently look a decade younger.

Several fellow employees said they were sorry to see me leave. I told them I was sorry too, but as Hubby can't work, I have to make more to support us. Some of them (who hadn't noticed my rather small wedding band) said "you're married? for how long? how old are you?" They were shocked when I told them I'd been married 7 years and was 35. This isn't the first time someone thought hubby and I must have been high school sweethearts. It's the zits I tells ya. At least there is SOMETHING good about getting occasional pimples at an age I should be getting wrinkles.

5. And some new friends.

I've become friends with a lot of coworkers, and I've added them to Facebook and/or gotten phone numbers so we can keep in touch. Not a bad run at Jeers. Not bad at all.
    Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 07-02-2015, 05:33 AM.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
    At least there is SOMETHING good about getting occasional pimples at an age I should be getting wrinkles.
    I've had more trouble with acne in my 40s than I ever did in my teens.

Hope the new job works out well for you.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      I've had more trouble with acne in my 40s than I ever did in my teens.
      Same here. Guess it's better than wrinkles.

Glad you had a decent last day, and good luck with the new job!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Zits and wrinkles on the same face, however, is just . . . unfair. Yes, I've been there. *sigh*

Comment

Working...
        X