X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over the Top

http://cs.trains.com/trn/b/observati...he-letter.aspx

I know there are a few railfans here. In my opinion, this guy took a little far to write the company and complain about a conductor "ruining" his shot. Personally, I think it's cool when there are people in either my train or boat shots.

I mean, I don't consider this shot ruined.

I thought it was pretty cool to have the conductor wave for this shot...

(click images for full size)
    Last edited by EricKei; 01-30-2015, 12:07 PM. Reason: added WIMG tags

I like 'em too

(pre-emptive note - please keep discussion to the letter-writer; debates on the appropriateness of the conductors' actions belong on Fratching)
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Geeze... I've met/been accosted by so many busybodies/wanna-be security/legitimate paranoids while out filming/photographing, I'd LOVE to run across someone who's reaction to having a picture taken is to wave.... lighten up folks... you are photographing the WORLD, part of the charm of it, is it's NOT SCRIPTED

You want scripted? Draw a picture.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Geeze... I've met/been accosted by so many busybodies/wanna-be security/legitimate paranoids while out filming/photographing, I'd LOVE to run across someone who's reaction to having a picture taken is to wave.... lighten up folks... you are photographing the WORLD, part of the charm of it, is it's NOT SCRIPTED

You want scripted? Draw a picture.
        I guess I prefer a little humanity in my pictures....There are 1000's of pictures of trains.....but a few where you have the engineer or conductor waving...

Comment

derp.... some people I guess just want everything to go their way....

Comment

Working...
          X