Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man shot and killed in confrontation with tow truck driver in east Oak Cliff

From the Dallas area...

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2015...ak-cliff.html/
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

This could be really bad. When I left Texas, it was legal for people to assume that any tow truck driver was really stealing their car illegally and take a shot at them.

Comment

Anyone know if Argabarga's OK? I can't remember where he's located.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
        Anyone know if Argabarga's OK? I can't remember where he's located.
        East coast.
        But the paint on me is beginning to dry
        And it's not what I wanted to be
        The weight on me
        Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
          East coast.
          Somewhere in Pennsyltucky, I believe.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

Just about the center of the state.
            But the paint on me is beginning to dry
            And it's not what I wanted to be
            The weight on me
            Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              The Kiesterstone State.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                This could be really bad. When I left Texas, it was legal for people to assume that any tow truck driver was really stealing their car illegally and take a shot at them.
                Well, according to the article, it was the driver who shot the man who was stealing his tow truck.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  Well, according to the article, it was the driver who shot the man who was stealing his tow truck.
                  Yes, but I can only imagine the backlash against the tow truck driver or others in the industry... The idjit was just scared the tow truck driver was going to steal his car, so he preemptively was protecting his property.

Now the tow driver is being investigated for murder, and idjits can declare open season against tow truck drivers.

Comment

This is why I don't (and wouldn't even if it wasn't against company policy) carry a weapon on the job, too much of an invitation for someone, anyone, to be killed, over a parking spot.... .which is pretty high up there on the list of "Dumb ways to waste human life"

Not to mention the ancillary effects of bad press, bad blood between people who otherwise didn't even know the other existed and the years of follow-up litigation, civil and/or criminal, before the whole mess is ever resolved.

Besides, I've found professionalism, courtesy, and the threat and occasional use of actual trained law enforcement will defuse just about any potentially bad situation long before anyone needs to start shooting.
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X