This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blas View Post
    At Festival Foods, they all have to wear aprons over their uniforms.
    They're still around? We used to have some in my area, but they went out of business over a decade ago. I didn't think there were any still left.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Just the one nearby where I live. Not sure where the next nearest one is. Probably in the next biggest city in whatever closest direction.

I'd rather trade it for a Piggly Wiggly. I've always wanted to shop at one of those!
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The pig in my city is way the hell on the other side of town, and nothing to write home about.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          They're still around? We used to have some in my area, but they went out of business over a decade ago. I didn't think there were any still left.

I think (from what they say on the wall of the store I go to) the are now just in the upper Mid-West. more a regional thing. I think they have like 30 stores around Wisconson and Minn (maybe???)
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            I'd rather trade it for a Piggly Wiggly. I've always wanted to shop at one of those!
            Heh, a funny bit about P-W: There is a huge shipping center for them not far from me in kind of a rural area, but none of their stores are anywhere within a couple hundred miles, so far as I can tell. Just another oddity on Ohio 35 connecting with I-70.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

My dress code is very simple: black. Nice black on the floor, black for support. Guys can wear a colored tie, girls can wear a colored blouse with a black cardigan, but the overall look must be black.

Shoes, however, can be any color.
              What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

our store's policy:

1. Black slacks that hold a crease
                2. White or Khaki colored shirt (if white you MUST wear a tie or broach)
                3. Black shoes. and by black i mean there better not be ANY other color on them. if there is so much as a speck of white on the shoe or if you have white shoelaces, shoe's eyeholes are white then it is out of uniform. and Heaven help you if your shoes are not polished
                NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  Here's my store's current uniform:<snip>

Guys shirts generally need to be tucked in.

Hair needs to be off the face or tied back if at a certain length.

If you're in nightfill or grocery, you can get away with wearing the company polo shirt. Everyone else has to wear the standard business shirt.
                  If you are in the UK and the Girls shirts were required to NOT be tucked in I would say you worked for a certain company I did.
                  I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I used to work for a grocery store. Jeans were verboten. Had to wear black dress pants.

I had to buy new pants every 3 weeks because they kept having holes torn in them.

Didn't work there long before I quite due to many asinine reasons.

Comment

My job requires black slacks or khakis and the blue company polo or a solid blue polo. But on truck days we can wear jeans for a $2 donation to the charity of the month. I wore jeans yesterday.
                      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

There's a car wash in my neighborhood that requires their employees to wear long sleeve button down shirts and black dress pants...and a tie. In a fucking car wash. ON hot days too.

What the hell is the point in that? You should be able to wear a t shirt and shorts for that kind of job.
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

At the Gaming Store, we'd have to wear a blue (with white writing) apron that identified the store. Otherwise, we could wear whatever we wanted. I'd usually wear shorts/jeans with a gaming shirt (usually one that I bought at various HochCons that were brought to the Northern VA area via Mr. Rum's gaming group, Plan B). I'd even wear skirts and/or dresses! You know, to emphasize that a female is working at the store. I'd get various reactions, but I didn't mind.

Comment

I would say the best part about the swamp's dress code is a lot of it isn't enforced. Management must figure they have better things to do than nitpick wardrobe malfunctions as long as the big things are okay.

-Company-issued polo shirt, which comes in a 50/50 cotton/polyester blend and thus retains heat too well. Available in short and long-sleeve versions. I have three or four short sleeve shirts and one with the long sleeves. Any color shirt may be worn under the polo shirt as an undershirt.

Our old shirts used to be 100% cotton, and I have a couple of those, but they are unsuitable because they look like they've been used for target practice and I really ought to get around to throwing them out or cutting them up.

Shirts are supposed to be tucked in but this isn't enforced; not even when we have corporate dignitaries in the store.

-Khaki pants. Pants with cargo pockets are not allowed but this isn't enforced. Khaki skirts may be worn by females but must be knee-length or longer.

-Socks or hose must be worn at all times, but this isn't enforced.

-Shoes must be closed-toe, so sandals are out. Shoes also may not be backless but this isn't enforced.

-Shorts, capris or blue jeans may be worn if you are working in the outdoor garden center.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

A good interpretation of my job's wardrobe........the nicer a person dresses, the less work they actually do. Most people know better than to wear nice clothes in a factory.

Supervisors who dress nice tend to be office-mongers who do nothing, while those who dress similar to their subordinates tend to be very hands-on and involved.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

thinking about this since I originally posted it, I remember a job 30 years ago at a fast food place that had this uniform:
                                1. button down white dress shirt short-sleveed
                                2. black and white paper hat with a winged logo
                                3. black clip-on bow tie
                                4. black and white small checkered pants
                                5. a white half apron

when working grill or foutain or the assembly table you got DIRTY and messy

In Sight, It Must Be Right and Famous for Steakburgers
                                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                                X