This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furry friends

So tonight we had a little visit in the form of two dogs.

A lady had brought two medium-sized dogs in from the cold. They weren't hers: they were running around on the road and had nearly been hit by a car. They were a biggish Retriever/Shephard type dog (they didn't have the colouring for German Shephard so....) and a smaller Akita-looking dog.

The Akita one apparaently wanted company and tried to escape into the store. My CW is going "Call MOD", which I spectacularly failed to do, going "Ummm MOD, can you come to the front desk, we have loose dogs in the store"....over the PA and bursting into laughter after the word "desk". He got about halfway down the lolly aisle before they managed to catch him.

We managed to get the dogs tied up with some baler ties and left them outside (we can't have them inside for health reasons, obviously service dogs and whatnot are exempt. Surprisingly they were obedient. Both of them had collars and one of them had a registration tag on its collar.

MOD managed to make a few follow-up calls and we gave them some water.

The dogs were VERY quiet, more curious about one another and not barking their heads off. Manager wound up calling either the RSPCA or the Council (not sure which) and they said they'd come out and pick them up after trying to locate the owner.

My coworker later informed me that the Retriever-esque dog had been picked up and was going home, however sadly the Akita-esque dog was unhooked from its collar and led away by two other guys.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Poor Akita Very strange indeed that puppy was taken and they left the collar (in a case like that I'd think whoever 'took over' the dog would try to contact the owner). I'd adopt him/her in an instant.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      Poor Akita Very strange indeed that puppy was taken and they left the collar (in a case like that I'd think whoever 'took over' the dog would try to contact the owner). I'd adopt him/her in an instant.
      They probably thought it was a great opportunity to get a dog for free. Thieves. Bastards.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought after I posted (for some reason I had assumed that the people who took it were from animal control). People do suck sometimes.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X