This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wreck-It Ralph

So I saw this movie this weekend, and I loved it. The gamer in me loved all of the video-game references (including "Aerith Lives" graffiti) and cameos (besides the obvious, just watch the background in Game Central Station).

Anyone else see it and want to share their thoughts?
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

I saw it day of release. I'm going to go see it again today. Even if I had to pay for my tickets (yay, working at the theatre), It'd be a bargain at twice the price.

I CANNOT Stress this enough; Go and See the movie. I don't care how old you are, how much of a gamer you are, just Go and See the Movie. Now.

Why are you still reading this? I told you to go see the movie. Go Now. Faster. I Said Faster.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
      I saw it day of release. I'm going to go see it again today. Even if I had to pay for my tickets (yay, working at the theatre), It'd be a bargain at twice the price.

I CANNOT Stress this enough; Go and See the movie. I don't care how old you are, how much of a gamer you are, just Go and See the Movie. Now.

Why are you still reading this? I told you to go see the movie. Go Now. Faster. I Said Faster.
      If I could speed it up to Boxing day, I would. (doesn't come out in Ausland until then)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Mrs. Crossbow and I just got back from seeing it and we loved it! The jerky, right angle movement of the 8-bit characters was awesome! Just way too much fun.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

It was great, im not a gamer, so i didnt get all the asides, but i loved the story between ralph and venelope

Comment

I'm actually going to wait for the DVD release. No not because I don't want to see it, I really do.

No, the reason is because if I watch it in theaters I'm going to go nuts not being able to pause it and find all the references.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I am going to see it next weekend and see it in 3D.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

One question, I saw Bowser in the preveiws, does he speak in full sentences? Otherwise I taking my sweet time going to see this movie. I'm VERY particular about how video game movies are done. I already have a problem with the fact that Bowser has 3 dimensions. I'd like it better if they used an 8-bit model of him, like in the original Super Mario Bros. seeing as that's the kind of Mario game you would see in an arcade, not something like Super Mario Galaxy.
                Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Yes, Bowser speaks in full sentences, and, as for why he's in 3D, that's because they're in the bad-anon meeting at the time; when seen through the screen of the machine the meeting is held in, He's 2D.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                    Yes, Bowser speaks in full sentences, and, as for why he's in 3D, that's because they're in the bad-anon meeting at the time; when seen through the screen of the machine the meeting is held in, He's 2D.
                    This. The Bad-Anon meeting takes place in the Ghosts' House in Pac-Man.

Basically, to the video game characters, things appear 3D and normal. But when viewed through the screen of the console/cabinet, it appears appropriately to the player. (i.e., 2D 8-bit for 80s games like Root Beer Tapper or Fix-It Felix Jr., 16-bit for Street Fighter II, etc.)
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Ralph: What's this? (!)
                      Me: LOL
                      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                        Ralph: What's this? (!)
                        Me: LOL
                        You gotta do it right. It's not just (!) it's !

Comment

Wife: Why wasn't Vanellope in the same cell as Felix?
                          Me: She was in another castle.
                          Wife: What's that suppose to mean?

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                            Wife: Why wasn't Vanellope in the same cell as Felix?
                            Me: She was in another castle.
                            Wife: What's that suppose to mean?
                            Maybe if you said it with a toadstool hat on
                            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

We have plans to catch this next week. Looking forward to it.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X