This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones inspired drinks?

I'm going to the best friend's place this weekend, she and her husband have never seen Game of Thrones so I'm bringing the first season over for a marathon. It's also been a super stressful few weeks at work for us, plus personal friend issues with her and boyfriend/fwb issues with me, so we decided adult beverages are in order as well. We don't plan on going to the point we're blacking out or throwing up, just enough to relax, have fun, and possibly find mundane and inappropriate things hilarious. I thought it'd be fun to have drinks that go with GoT/Song of Ice and Fire. Any suggestions?

She's not big on red wines, but likes white ones like Moscato. I'm not big on beer and the moscato she brought to a friend's bachelorette party tasted like vinegar to me. I don't know much about alcohol as I only started drinking it in the past couple of years. I think the moscato would work for her, since they're always mentioning Arbor Gold in the books, and wines in general are mentioned a lot. so anywho, suggest away! We'd not be opposed to mixed drinks with stronger stuff, either.

And for the record, yes, I'm staying the night, so no worries of me driving tipsy.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

I suggest making either a mulled wine or wassail.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

My husband told me about a drink they made in college that was half Jaegermeister, half Goldschlager (I guess the actual measurements were up to the drinker). They called it a 'Doctor Doom' but you could call it "The Hound" (if you haven't read the books, he's a hardcore alcoholic in those). He would guzzle that shit like Kool-aid, probably.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

the moscato she brought to a friend's bachelorette party tasted like vinegar to me.
        What brand was it? Moscato only tastes like that when it's gone bad usually.

if you're trying to stay in "period" then remember, you can also have ales. i never read the book but it looks pretty much like a regular european historical/fantasy setting, so ales, meads, could be good.

or you could also try ice wines. they're sweet like moscato, although a bit stronger usually. technically they'd be period-ish too. the original ice wine iirc it existed in Rome (within the first century AD) and more recently in Germany where it was specifically named "Eiswein" - linky)
        Last edited by PepperElf; 01-04-2013, 07:38 PM.

Comment

here's a good source for some GOT related food and drink choices.

http://www.innatthecrossroads.com/category/beverages/

Foodie took it upon himself to replicate many of the recipes mentioned in the series.

Comment

Working...
          X