This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neko no ongaeshi!

Hi all, I didn't post much even back when I was active here, certainly not much in the way of stories. Back then I was a tech support rep, working for a company that Verizon outsourced DSL/FIOS support to. I thought that'd give me a ready pool of stories to share, but there were usually so many calls in a day, and pretty much all the same, that they all just kinda merged together into a morass of rote busywork. The special ones, I found myself blocking out of memory.

Heck, the most memorable call was one I didn't handle myself. I wonder what happened to the guy who had FIOS in his mobile home, and then moved his home without letting Verizon come disconnect everything from his pole.

Now, I'm in yet another support position, but much higher up the food chain. I'm doing support for a data security company that sells appliances companies use to protect their...data. A lot of the work is done via email. This time, if I feel there's a story worth telling here, there's a record.

Welcome, otakuneko.
    You last visited: 11-09-2009 at 03:09 PM
    Hisashiburi desu ne?

So, is Gravekeeper still posting about customers from Nunavut in pink camo?
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Welcome back!
    Quoth otakuneko View Post
    Hisashiburi desu ne?
    Ee, sou desu ne
    So, is Gravekeeper still posting about customers from Nunavut in pink camo?
    He's...retired, but still lurking and occasionally posting about things not quite as epic.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Aw, oh well.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
      X