X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP, Bob "SchoolHouse Rock" Dorough

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/24/us/sc...rnd/index.html

May he rest in peace v_v He lived until the age of 94, though, so there's that.

Jeez, they're dropping like flies o_O
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

One of the great educators of our time. I learned a lot from him.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

The songs he composed were great, they made the learning entertaining, interesting, and most importantly easily memorable. Helped me out in my younger years. I picked up the DVD set last year because of nostalgia and to help my youngest with math.

Comment

I've had the CD set for some time now
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I liked the Mad TV "Public School House Rock!" parodies, some of which were very close to the originals.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth RichS View Post
            The songs he composed were great, they made the learning entertaining, interesting, and most importantly easily memorable. Helped me out in my younger years. I picked up the DVD set last year because of nostalgia and to help my youngest with math.
            Similar story here. Loved the songs in my youth, bought the DVDs when my son was young, and he enjoyed them. I think they helped him, too (as did Sesame Street).

I recall one story where a teacher had her students write the Preamble to the Constitution as part of the test, and the entire class was humming that song while they were writing!

Rest in peace, Mr. Dorough, knowing that you helped a lot of kids.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
            X