This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lying Arsehole SC

Why the hell do SCs lie? After all, a lot of the time they're just going to be caught out. This particular SC showed up on a busy day, when Lena and I were run off our feet. The SC started off being charming, but soon changed when he realised he wasn't going to get his way...

SC: I've gone and done something silly; I filled up my car, but I haven't got my credit card. You see, I'm going on holiday and meeting my wife at the airport and she's got the card.

Me: Well, I can fill out a form and you'll have a week to come back and pay...

SC: What?! I'm sorry, but I'm going away for a month so you'll have to give me a month.

We can't do that as unpaid transactions go automatically after one week to a collections agency. I told the SC that I didn't have the authority to make an exception for him, and he got very nasty, shouting and swearing at me. I eventually managed to cut thru his yelling and tell him that I could call a manager over, and he could ask him. The SC agreed, and I went out back to call Craig.

While I was out back phoning, the SC tried to get Lena to fill the form out and give him a month to pay. She refused, and he called her a bitch. He also started screaming that he didn't have time to wait, and that if we made him wait, he'd miss his plane and lose his holiday and it would be all our fault. I came out at this point and told him that Craig would be over shortly.

"Good," the SC replied. "I'm going to tell him that this is the worst customer service I've ever had, and then you'll be sorry."

Actually, arsehole, we won't get into trouble for sticking to the rules. The managers know this. However, if we bent the rules for anyone, then we'd get into trouble.

Craig came over and the SC immediately cornered him, bitching about "those dreadful girls" and how he wanted an exception. Craig told him that wasn't possible. The SC then suggested that he be allowed to leave without paying and he'd call one of his friends to come in and pay the balance tomorrow. Strangely enough, Craig didn't go for that. SC then started bitching again about terrible customer service. Eventually, he decided to call his friend to come in and pay.

The friend arrived about ten minutes later and paid, with the SC promising to pay him back. As he left, the SC shouted at Craig, "Those girls need retraining! Don't expect to ever see me back here!"

Now, you're probably wondering where the lie bit comes in. Here it is. A few days after this incident, I was in a shop when I saw the SC with a woman I took to be his wife. He obviously saw me, cuz he went bright red in the face and hurried his wife off. So he wasn't going on holiday after all, and just came out with that lie for some unknown reason.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

This story makes me thankful for prepay.

Comment

some unknown reason
      Such as, he just wanted some free gas?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm glad your boss had your backs and didn't bend the rules for this SC. That dude was a lying, scum-sucking, tight-fisted, tantrum-throwing arsehole and didn't deserve an extra minute, let alone a whole month to pay.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I think I would have called him out loud in the shop you two were in and said, "This guy tried scamming the gas station out of free gas from us. Don't let him buy anything from you..."

Comment

I would've been more... tactful? Nah, I'm just mean. "Oh, how was that holiday? Has it been a month already? Wow!"
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
              I think I would have called him out loud in the shop you two were in and said, "This guy tried scamming the gas station out of free gas from us. Don't let him buy anything from you..."
              Oh, no! Kill him with kindness!

"Hey, how are you? I thought you were going on holiday? Did you change your plans? Gosh, I hope you didn't miss your flight and lose the whole month . . . how terrible for you."

Since he never planned to go on holiday, he'd have some explaining to do to his wife
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                Oh, no! Kill him with kindness!

"Hey, how are you? I thought you were going on holiday? Did you change your plans? Gosh, I hope you didn't miss your flight and lose the whole month . . . how terrible for you."

Since he never planned to go on holiday, he'd have some explaining to do to his wife
                How delightfully evil. I love it! It'd serve him right if his wife tore him a new one right there in the store while the employees he tried to rip off watched.
                My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  How delightfully evil. I love it! It'd serve him right if his wife tore him a new one right there in the store while the employees he tried to rip off watched.
                  No doubt.
                  I agree that the 'plane to catch' was some ruse to get out of paying, still it would be interesting to hear her reaction. I'm surprised that Craig didn't mention arrest for pump and run.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Well, before he could get on to that, the SC decided the game was up. XD I do have to wonder about the friend tho... I kinda got the feeling that this wasn't the only time the friend had to bail SC out, by his world weary manner. XD
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

After being called names, I think I would have "lost my tact" at the service station: "Oh, a friend can pay for you? Why didn't you just take the WEEK grace period and have him come by tomorrow...?"

Comment

Or

Quoth sms001 View Post
                        After being called names, I think I would have "lost my tact" at the service station: "Oh, a friend can pay for you? Why didn't you just take the WEEK grace period and have him come by tomorrow...?"

Instead of wasting some much time arguing, he could have called his friend from the very start and saved everyone a lot of time.

Comment

The friend was a Plan B; dude had no intention of paying and tried every trick he could to squirm out of it, short of driving off. No wonder the friend looked so tired of it; I'm sure he's sick of this jerkass taking advantage of him. I think eventually he'll dump the chump and take him to small claims court for all the money he's owed.
                          My LiveJournal

Comment

A thought just occurred to me... maybe SC was going away, but with his mistress not his wife? XD
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                              A thought just occurred to me... maybe SC was going away, but with his mistress not his wife? XD
                              Exactly what I was thinking too!

Reminds me of some airline promotion years ago where if you flew you got a free ticket for the wife. Then the airline sent "thank you" letters to the home. In many cases the wife wrote back saying she had _not_ flown and wanted to know who their husband was with.
                              Yeah, that promotion died a quick death...

Comment

Working...
                              X