Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually, large carts are annoying to me also. However, there is one small cart that I found makes little sense and I think it's disgusting because of its design.
    My purchase goal: 1 memory foam mattress topper (sold in a box) and two memory foam pillows.
    This cart at Kohl's was nearly useless...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg0PcI-dCes (Not my video)

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
      Ah there is a psychological reason for huge carts. People tend to buy more to fill up that huge cart.
      That was the excuse I jokingly gave people at the wholesale club.

Them: "Why don't you guys have hand-baskets?"
      J2K: "Because we're a wholesale club! You shouldn't be buying quantities that small!"

Almost everyone got the joking tone in my voice and laughed, and accepted that was probably also the case!
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Our local Kroger's has smaller ones too. They're so cute! :-)
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

My swamp store has smaller, two-tier carts. But most clearance swamp stores don't, I think.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Our local grocery chain has 3 sizes of carts - "normal" sized, smaller but oddly tall with shallow basket sized, and the kind where there's a Playskool red car underneath for the kids to sit in and pretend to drive.

I wish they made adult sized Playskool car carts.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
              I wish Target and Walmart would get them. Walmart's in particular are ginormous.
              So do I. For the longest time, the Wally World near me didn't have hand baskets, either. I know that my piddly little purchase isn't worth much in the long run, but I did let them know that several times, realizing that I didn't have enough hands to carry everything in, I put back everything and left. While I might have more than I can handle, it's not enough to justify one of those huge carts. And honestly, I hate trying to navigate a cart around the Wal-Creatures that shop there. Bitched at them for months and they finally got some more in.

The Sprout's I use across the street had the frames that you can set your hand basket in to make it into a cart.

http://storefixturesandequipment.ind...art_in_use.jpg

Quoth Firecrackers Not Included View Post
              This cart at Kohl's was nearly useless...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg0PcI-dCes (Not my video)
              Those are just the most useless cart design that I've ever seen.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                That was the excuse I jokingly gave people at the wholesale club.

Them: "Why don't you guys have hand-baskets?"
                J2K: "Because we're a wholesale club! You shouldn't be buying quantities that small!"

Almost everyone got the joking tone in my voice and laughed, and accepted that was probably also the case!
                Apparently psychologists have tested it.
                No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

Man mathnerd, unless it's a pretty hardcore ethical thing, I don't know about this. A good pharmacist is like a good mechanic or computer tech - hard to come by, especially so convenient. Can you forgo the rest of the store and just go for the meds?
                  It was a pretty serious issue. I had a major debate with myself over the pharmacy issue. In the end, I just won't go back into that store until the current store management is no longer there.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
                  X