X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hot dog stuffed in a pickle...

then battered and deep fried.

Yes, you read that right. It's called the "Dilly Dog".

A pickle is hollowed out, a hot dog put in it, and the whole thing is battered and deep fried, like a corn dog.

It looks like this (WIMG distorted the picture, so click for full size):

People are torn. People who haven't tried it either think it'll be disgusting or really good.

It's at the pro baseball stadium in this area. They had 500 of them for Opening Day, and sold them all by the end of the 5th inning.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

If you used a proper sausage instead of a hot-dog sausage I might try it. I'd probably need to swim about 20 miles afterwards to make myself feel better about it, though.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

That sounds good. Especially with mustard.

The only question I have is what do they do with the rest of the pickle? Turn it into relish?
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Not something I'd eat but having all the news stories in my area about the big food at the state fair every year, eh. It really is one of the big news stories in the city so nothing surprises me anymore.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I have to at least try that thing.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I would if it were convenient. I like corn dogs, so one with an integral pickle sounds quite reasonable!

... Though I'm a heathen and put ketchup on mine ...
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I'd at least try it . . .

Comment

Sounds good. I'd be inclined to try it.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Like Nunavut, I also put ketchup on my hot dogs.

But I digress.

Apparently these things are selling like crazy. From what I understand, they're $10 a piece, and the lines for them at the games are LONG.
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Oh hot damn, I would eat the hell out of that.
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                      The only question I have is what do they do with the rest of the pickle? Turn it into relish?
                      Here is another idea. Quite good, in fact.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                        Same here. While trying to picture it in my head, I was kind of iffy on it, but after seeing that pic I would try it in a heartbeat. It actually looks delicious.

Comment

Oh yeah, I'd eat that!! Corn dog * fried pickle!

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                            I know what I'm wrapping in a pickle!
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                            X