X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're sort of famous!

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2007/01/win...sto.html#posts

We helped the author with a few tips from our side of things, since he approached us nicely. Have a read, and please note that Barefootgirl and Spiffy were also contributors, so credit where it's due, please The rest of the moderating team gave Mexican waves and critique as appropriate.

Rapscallion
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 01-16-2007, 07:15 PM.

If anyone visting from the article feels like signing up to read (more for registered members), it's free, there's no advertising or spamming, and we generally don't bite

I've had a few email bounces from either mis-typed email addresses or non-existant emails, so if you didn't get your validation email, try checking that in your profile and altering if necessary. We don't harvest email addresses. I hate spam more than most people, so I'm not going to do that to anyone else.

Rapscallion

Comment

It is about time, we are famous
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

That article is how I found y'all. Great article, and I really appreciated your contributions, as they were right on the money!
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Whee, now our bosses / customers are going to read this
          I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
          less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

We weren't famous before the article?

I liked these points:

7: Be reasonable and retain a sense of perspective. Decide whether or not throwing a fit over a small inconvenience or 20 cents or so is worth losing your dignity, or the risk of verbally assaulting an innocent representative of the company. Threats of legal action go one of two ways -- either you're seen as blowing things out of proportion with an empty threat or you will be referred to the company's lawyers as it then becomes a legal matter for which the phone representative cannot help you.

8: Consider seeing a therapist if you find yourself screaming at a powerless representative.

9: Accept that sometimes you cannot be helped. There will be some circumstances when the entire company cannot do anything for you. Sometimes, the only answer the service reps can give is, "no."
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

hahahah

youareoutofajob.com

HAHAHA thats funny
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Awesome! Totally awesome!

Some of those things can also be applied to complaint letters and face-to-face interactions.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                  youareoutofajob.com
                  I wasn't sure what you were talking about at first, Kiwi, then I saw "Andy's" comment about halfway down:
                  "Seems like CustomersSuck.com would be named "Youareoutofajob.com" if companies really cared about their customers."
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

LMAO...Nice one Ree...

Bring 'em on!! Bring 'em all on!!

*loads both pistols with shrapnel*

I'll cover all of ya...YAHARR!!

*Stands guard dilligently & awaits the assault of SC types*
                    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

[Consider seeing a therapist if you find yourself screaming at a powerless representative.
                      This could also be applied to shop jobs. Just substitute "rep" for "cashier."
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

You know, speaking of an assault by SC types, has this latest incarnation of the site been getting hatemail the way the last ones did? If so, I wouldn't ask that it be posted the way it used to be, but those nasty letters were always a kick to read.
                        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

The site never used to get that much, since as far as I'm aware it's been worked on a common-sense basis. I've had one through the 'contact admin' form claiming that the Vinegar Boy saga was cobblers, but I ignored it with the lack of literacy involved. Other than that, I can't remember anything.

Rapscallion

Comment

This site rules!

I'm so glad a friend told me about this place, it's one of my favourite stops on the superhighway now.

Comment

We weren't famous before the article?

I liked these points: 7: <snip>, 8: <snip>, 9: <snip>
                              yes i must agree that everyone on earth should read that
                              Last edited by NightAngel; 01-18-2007, 07:19 PM. Reason: no need to quote entire post

Comment

Working...
                              X