Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's not come on here and be Sucky Customers, m'kay?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's not come on here and be Sucky Customers, m'kay?

Here's what happened today. We banned someone.

Let me tell you why.

Had a poster post clearly and blatantly Fratching material. Someone reported it.

We don't usually ban for that, that sort of thing happens quite often. People forget themselves. Whatever. It's not a hanging offense.

We deleted the post and put the poster back on moderation. Just until we were sure we weren't being messed with, because that happens, too. Often. The poster didn't have a lot of posts, and a few of them were contentious. So we were a little worried about this poster.

However, when the fratching thing occurred, we simply moseyed on over to look at the poster's profile. We have so many members we can't keep up with who's posting what. I went and looked at the profile to remind myself of the poster's history. During the course of dealing with this, the other mods did the same.

I looked over the entirety of the content, then went back and said something to the effect of "That poster is not causing trouble, he's okay. Rocky start, but otherwise not causing any trouble.

See, I see a bad post, such as this blatantly fratching one, I want to know the history. It will affect my actions. If they are not a habitual troublemaker (and I had decided they were not), I tend to vote to not come down very hard at all on the occasional lack of judgement or slip up. Which is what I did with this poster.

Meanwhile, the poster saw mods looking at his (or her) profile and decided that the mods were ganging up to persecute him. Then he proceeded to post passive aggressive crap about us ganging up on him on his profile instead of coming to us and having a conversation about what was going on. He did this pretty much while I was saying "Eh, that poster seems to be okay, I don't think he's a troublemaker" to the other mods. Please enjoy the irony with me.

Nobody was getting bent out of shape over the post or the user, beyond going "Oh, that's not appropriate, take that off of there."

So he didn't get banned for throwing a bad post out there. He got banned for yelling on his profile how he was being lynched by the unfair gang of mods here.

I'm seeing this as a pattern here. People don't tend to get kicked out of Rap's house for making bad posts. They get kicked out for acting like whiney sucky customers and jumping to assinine conclusions.

You'd think the Sucky Customer population around here would be less than the outside world, but you'd be way wrong.

I just wanted to throw that out there. This is not a particularly rare there.

Ain't moderating fun sometimes?
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Can't we all just get along? It's not like we have to see each other in real life .... You come to the forum, chat with a few other members, and then you go do something else. I come here to read the stories about sucky customers, not sucky members! Thank you to all the moderators here! You are doing a great job

Comment

O.o

I'm just gonna drop this off in here. *leaves table full of sweets and chicken soup and other tasty/soothing things*
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- it's ironic that on a site devoted to venting about sucky customers, we get quite a few sucky customers of our own.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Oh, it gets better, y'all.

This person had nothing better to do last night than harass this site by making up fake members with provocative names and trying to join. He did this several times.

Anyways, thanks for the chicken soup.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
              ....it's ironic that on a site devoted to venting about sucky customers, we get quite a few sucky customers of our own.
              I've alluded to that fact on a particular thread over in Fratching.

Part of me is like at how ridiculous some of the Members act in examples the Mods (very vaguely) described, and the other part of me is like for them stooping down to SC level.

Due to my being incredibly nosy natural, innate, curiosity, I know of the exchange described.

I came upon a thread that the now banned User had posted on, and upon seeing the line through their Username, I checked the profile.

Paranoid much?

There's nothing wrong with civil, mature discussions when there is a disagreement with a Mod, about their decision, and the key word is their in the plural form when infractions are being handed out. If I recall what I read on the Fratching thread correctly, even the simplest infraction is discussed amongst at least a few of the Mods, before being issued, and the more serious stuff is also passed through Raps.

CS, Fratching, and Devil's Panties are all free to use and contain no ads. Raps pays for all three out of pocket, does not ask for "Donations", and AFAIK, has declined such. Admin, and Mods, (and Pederson in Tech) donate their time in helping Raps run these sites.

Now, the main reason CS is here, and the main reason we come here to share, is because of Sucky Customers! Most everyone on the Admin/Mod Team likely deal with Sucky Customers! on a daily basis in their Real Life jobs.

Why, when they come here to peruse the boards themselves, maybe contribute as a User with an SC story of their own, or maybe lend a concerned and understanding ear to others sharing their SC stories, but the second they put their Mod Hat on, should they have to deal with Members being Sucky Customers!?

Mike
              Meow.........

Comment

Working...
              X