This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift/Discount Cards: Magical Money Producing Plastic

I hate pushy people. Especially if they're being pushy over something unreasonable, like wanting me to pull things out of my ass.

Enter an entire family. Mom, dad, three sons, grandma, grandpa, cousins, uncles, I don't know but there was about fifteen of them. Immediately it was apparent that they would, every single one of them, do their best to annoy the ever-loving piss out of me. This, after I spent over an hour cleaning the store (but that's another story involving my idiot coworkers entirely). So I was already mad. Great.

First, Middle Son trades in a bunch of stuff, insisting that I not open the cases and look at them because they're in "PERFECT CONDITION RAGGLE RAGGLE!" Which, of course, meant that all of them were scratched up to the point that I had to refurb them. Next, Mom, or Sister, or whatever she was, wanted to use the discount card, only they lost the discount card. Keep this in mind for when I get to Grandma. I tell her in order to get the number, I have to call, which takes about 30 minutes since I always get put on hold. She wants to use the discount card to save: eighty friggin' cents. I have a line now and Idiot Boy the magical non-working co-worker is busy doing "something" and won't get on the other register.

After that call, Grandma jumps in front of everyone else in line and starts yelling at me about how they had credit on the lost discount card that I needed to give to her RIGHT NOW! Conversation as follows:

G: grandma, after years of life wisdom has, ultimately, completely evaded her
    Me: my eye was twitching by then. Really.

G: I had 15 dollars on there and you need to give it to me!
    Me: If you have the receipt when the credit was put on there, or you can find the card then the credit should be fine, but I can't just give you credit without confirmation.
    G: Well call for the number again!
    Me: The discount number is different from the number pre-printed on the card, I can't get any sort of credit from that number.
    G: I have credit on that card!
    Me: I understand that, but you have to have the card to get that credit.
    G: Put it on a gift card!
    Me: Okay, how much do you want to put on there, just 15?
    G: Yes, you put it on there!
    Me: Okay...that'll be 15 dollars.
    G: YOU GIVE IT TO ME!
    Me: I can't just..put 15 dollars on a gift card without payment.
    G: YOU GIVE ME THAT GIFT CARD!
    Me: Okay, but I need $15 if you want me to put it on a gift card.
    G: Fine!

She finally gives me the 15 dollars and gives the giftcard to one of the sons. "Here's your credit!" she said to him.

Wow grandma. You could have just given him 15 dollars instead of insisting I pull it out of my ass. How does one live through so much and not understand that magic isn't..you know...real?
    Would you like a Stummies?

Unlike the X-Men, sometimes evolution takes a giant leap BACKWARDS!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
    X