Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Towing Tidbits: Now With Even More Drunks!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth otakuneko View Post
    A Metro could actually GO that fast?
    I'm sure a steep hill was involved The only good thing about the Metro was...if you broke down, you could carry it home
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
      I quite like Ladyhawke . . .
      I loved that movie!
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yes it could. Middle of the Mojave Desert.
        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Anything goes fast when dropped from a great height...

...I'm just saying.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Tonight the local tow heroes here will busy. It is second Saturday festand we almost got cremed twice before the fest got into full swing. Also as we were trying to avoid the muggers and get back to our car we had to stop and help a bike rider who missed all the signs about the street car tracks being a bike hazard and fell into traffic.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
              I quite like Ladyhawke . . .
              Same. I love the soundtrack and don't care that it is modern and not medieval music, we are talking about a movie with 2 shapchangers ...
              Quoth Shyla View Post
              I got a Geo Metro once as a rental while my car was fixed. I felt like I was driving around in a soda can. I think any of them left have lasted this long because they have very few parts. The engine is probably just hamsters running on a wheel.
              Roller skate. Was it rented from Enterprise? I rented one from them back when my regular drive was an international harvester scout. Compared to Baby, I felt like I was riding a roller skate, sitting maybe 2 inches above the road. I can't believe I fit my 6'4" buddy in the passenger seat without invoking 4th dimensional folding somewhere along the line!
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I think this is kind of fitting, with all the talk about Geo Metros

Also a little random trivia: I don't know how many of you remember the trivia show "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" but the champion at the end of the season was given *drumroll* A brand new Geo Metro!
                Violets are blue,
                Roses are red,
                I bequeath to thee...
                A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                  War Games. One of only two good movies Matthew Broderick ever made (the other being Ferris Buller's Day Off).
                  Lion King would like a word with you.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                    my regular drive was an international harvester scout.
                    Talk about obscure/forgotten personal vehicles, my family had one too.

Had...

And every spring, following a road saltlicious winter.... we had less and less and LESS of it.

Until one day the farmer next door bought it for $100 so he could go get firewood with it. I actually found it's skeletal remains in the back 40 of his property a decade ago, by now, even they're probably gone too.
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I can only think of one instance where the towing company did get rid of the vehicular evidence of drunken coasting, but this is small town Wisconsin, so you can imagine, someone knows someone of a friend of a cousin of a tow truck company owner.

Guy across the street and his buddies bashed their SUV into a pole, then drove it the rest of the way home with the horn blowing nonstop....disconnected the battery cable, the tow truck was there at the buttcrack of dawn before anyone could investigate the pole down the road.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                        Like say, pulling their car out of the plate glass window of the storefront they're embedded in before they open up in the morning and the shopkeep notices. (That hasn't happened YET, but, there's nothing that says it CAN'T)
                        It hasn't happened to you, yet, but it has happened. I recall at least one story on here about some idiot in an SUV hitting a storefront window (Here it is!) and I wouldn't be surprised if there were others.
                        Quoth Argabarga View Post
                        (It was a near-fossilized Geo Metro, a car that back in the early 90s' bravely pushed the boundary of what could charitably be called a "car" into territory that had once been reserved for "wind up toy". )
                        We had a Geo Metro for a while. Pretty decent car, but yes, very claustrophobic. Traded it in for a Prism (this was after the Geo brands were sold to Chevrolet), which was a very good car with a surprisingly strong engine. Was sorry to see it taken off the market.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          Anything goes fast when dropped from a great height...

...I'm just saying.
                          Remember the Sirrocco commercial from many years back "This used to be the only way to get a Volkswagen to do 100 MPH" (Beetle dropped from a crane)?
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                            Later. Right now let's play Global Thermonuclear War.
                            Wouldn't you rather play a good game of chess?

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                              War Games. One of only two good movies Matthew Broderick ever made (the other being Ferris Buller's Day Off).
                              I also liked him Ladyhawke, as well as in Deck The Halls (with Danny DeVito).
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I thought he did fine in "The Producers".
                                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                                X