Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Towing Tidbits: Now With Even More Drunks!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
    In a fit of mechanical insanity, we combined a Chevette with a 2.8 liter V6 pulled from a busted-up Chevy S10, tweaked that six a bit, and created a right proper little terror. It went like stink and could really hang on in a turn, but the brakes just SUCKED. And it was more than a little spooky going down the road at 100+ in something that would fold up like an old beer can in a collision. But it shocked more than a few people when it would wind up and disappear in the distance.
    Shoulda dropped in the brakes from the S10, or something similar.

As for other drivers' faces, I'm sure they were downright shocked, and hilarious to see. Reminds me of something that happened to me years ago.....

Quoth Docmayhem View Post
    I had a friend who talked his way out of a ticket for doing 110mph (he was actually going faster) by convincing the cop that the little japanese car he was driving couldn't have been going that fast - lucky for him the cop couldn't see the nitrous bottle.
    Was driving along in Phoenix in my Dodge Shadow Turbo, and some little beat up econobox came up alongside me and revved it's engine, apparently wanting to race. Utterly ridiculous. I laughed. But when the light changed, I punched it, and sure enough, blew the econobox off the line. And was shaking my head at their idiocy, when suddenly I heard a sustained "whoosh" sound....and here comes that little tin can up on my ass, and blows right by me, even as my turbo is just kicking in.

That was my first experience with nitrous.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Shoulda dropped in the brakes from the S10, or something similar.

As for other drivers' faces, I'm sure they were downright shocked, and hilarious to see. Reminds me of something that happened to me years ago.....
      I'm told (WAY too late) that Fiero brakes would have been compatible with my front suspension. Just in case I want to do that again (and frankly, I don't - plus, Chevettes are actually getting really rare these days. No surprise, since even the newest ones are nearly three decades old now).

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        War Games. One of only two good movies Matthew Broderick ever made (the other being Ferris Buller's Day Off).
        I'd have to say that "The Producers" with Nathan Lane was also a good movie.

Quoth Tama View Post
        I seem to be the only person on earth who LIKES his Godzilla movie.
        It wasn't the greatest movie out there but it at least entertained me. It's in the category of "Brain Candy" that I label some movies with. Not substantial, but fun.
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
        X