Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is claiming as I understood it that the 2nd watch is a knockoff of the first watch. That would be easy to disprove if you can get an agent out to his house to inspect his ahem "fake" watch.

I would have said no dice to the 2nd photo. The first photo was all the evidence I would need to know hes a lying sack of Sheeeet.

Comment

Quoth cleorose View Post
      He is claiming as I understood it that the 2nd watch is a knockoff of the first watch. That would be easy to disprove if you can get an agent out to his house to inspect his ahem "fake" watch.

I would have said no dice to the 2nd photo. The first photo was all the evidence I would need to know hes a lying sack of Sheeeet.
      No he's claiming that the 2nd watch was a cheaper, superficially similar watch...so it must be true riiiight
      How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

It could be..potentially...

.....but that's what the further investigations are for, after all.

I hope he just looks like a scammer.
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I just want to say that it freaks me out when people have watches/jewelery "worth" that much. And why didn't he get it on his insurance? Because he would have to pay a premium for it? And is it normal for someone with a 15k watch to have a knockoff duplicate? *mind boggles*

Also, Sam Vimes watches the Patrician, he arrested him once remember? So the question would be, who watches Vimes, and I might answer, Death.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

YOU CALLED MY NAME AND I HAVE HEARD.I AM DEATH AND IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO COME WITH ME.PLEASE COME QUICKLY.I HAVE SEVENTEEN OTHERS BOOKED IN THIS EVENING.
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Master, Rincewind's cancelled his appointment again...
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                I just want to say that it freaks me out when people have watches/jewelery "worth" that much. And why didn't he get it on his insurance? Because he would have to pay a premium for it? And is it normal for someone with a 15k watch to have a knockoff duplicate? *mind boggles*
                In this case he's claiming that the second watch is a different brand all together - the photos themselves are not 100% clear as they are not directly of the watch.

In terms of not specifing it - people just dont think about it sometimes. We see it more often that I'd care to admit. He has since specified another watch worth around $17k (YSL), inherited war medals and a nice fancy engagement ring.
                How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Also, Sam Vimes watches the Patrician, he arrested him once remember? So the question would be, who watches Vimes, and I might answer, Death.
                  The question of who watches Sam Vimes has been asked and answered, in Thud!
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I'll let PTerry's work speak for itself:

--------------

A shape appeared in the mist.
                    It drew nearer.
                    Water cascaded off a metal helmet and an oiled leather cloak as the figure stopped and, entirely unconcerned, cupped its had in front of its face and lit a cigar.
                    Then the match was dropped on the cobbles, where it hissed out, and the figure said: “What are you?”
                    The entity stirred, like an old fish in a deep pool. It was too tired to flee.
                    “I am the Summoning Dark.” It was not, in fact, a sound, but had it been, it would have been a hiss. “Who are you?”
                    “I am the Watchman.”
                    “They would have killed his family!” The darkness lunged, and met resistance. “Think of the deaths they have caused! Who are you to stop me?”
                    “He created me. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who watches the watchmen? Me. I watch him. Always. You will not force him to murder for you.”
                    “What kind of human creates his own policeman?”
                    “One who fears the dark.”
                    “And so he should,” said the entity, with satisfaction.
                    “Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I am here to keep it in.” There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened its little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. “Call me… the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be.”
                    The Summoning Dark backed desperately into the alley, but the light followed it, burning it.
                    “And now,” said the watchman, “get out of town.”
                    Terry Pratchett, Thud!
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I love that book so much - bought it brand new, and have devoured it many, many times since PTerry is the man ^_^
                      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                      What's the difference?
                      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
                      X