This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth cleorose View Post

Then you have the people who threaten to sue cause their keys don't work, they got caught having sex in the bushes, in the pool and were made to leave etc.
    that is some nuclear-grade stupid right there.

Three Disney related stories I remember hearing around the patrons suing and failing were all for different reasons: two were related to costumed characters and the third was a worker.

#1 had a lady sue claiming that one of the 3 little pigs groped her. Suit was dropped when she was shown the costume in question which did not have operable arms.

#2 had someone else sue claiming that Winnie the Pooh smacked a girl on the head and somehow caused bruising, recurring headaches and possible brain damage (that must've been one strong-ass Winnie-The-Pooh to do that!). The suit was dropped after the guy who was in the costume at the time answered questions on the stand IN the costume, revealing that the arms were way too low to the ground to be able to smack the girl in the first place. The guy was acquitted.

#3 had someone hurt themselves while "falling" from the Skyway and sued for $25k. Eventually it came out that he'd jumped instead. Said suit was promptly dropped.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

From reading all these, it seems there's one "best answer" to "I'll sue!"

"Go ahead."
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
        From reading all these, it seems there's one "best answer" to "I'll sue!"

"Go ahead."

Gord from Acts of Gord used to love it when people would threaten legal action. A couple of his responses:

"What's your lawyer's name? I'll call him myself."

"You're going to spend $200 on a lawyer over a $50 game?"

Basically if you call someone out on their idiocy they'll shut up and go away.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          I am in the stroke unit, because I had a minor stroke on Saturday morning.
          I hope you are able to get back onto your feet/into your car soon! Strokes are nothing to take lightly.
          "I am sorry, now that you have bought a lawyer into the discussion, we can do nothing to help you until your lawyer settles procedures with our lawyer, good day."
          In a far, far less serious example of that, we say something similar whenever someone threatens to sue us -- and, at the newspaper, that's oh, every other week or so. We use the bog-standard response that effectively come out to "OK, let me get you our attorney's number -- we're no longer allowed to deal with you." Oddly enough, no such complaint has ever made it to court. I wonder why...? (Usually, things like "You can't take pictures of this arrest/accident/etc that took place on a public road!/You can't publish mugshots of adults that the police department sent you! that's illegal! I'll sue you!")
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            Sleepy isn't up yet.

Darn, that didn't sound half as dirty when I thought of it.
            And Happy is up all the time.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

"I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause I bought a ticket to New Jersey! I went there, and it SUCKED!!!"

- Weird Al Yankovic "I'll Sue Ya"

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                "I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause I bought a ticket to New Jersey! I went there, and it SUCKED!!!"

- Weird Al Yankovic "I'll Sue Ya"
                "I sued Ben Affleck!

....Aww, do I even need a reason!?"
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  #3 had someone hurt themselves while "falling" from the Skyway and sued for $25k. Eventually it came out that he'd jumped instead. Said suit was promptly dropped.
                  And they took the Skyway out after that. This is why we can't have nice things.

I've never had anyone threaten to sue me, but I have actually been sued. Falsely sued; I was in a minor car accident where I dented a lady's driver's side fender and door. She drove the car away and refused all medical attention (it was right by an airport so there was a cop right there when it happened). A year later she sued me for loss of vehicle and medical expenses, with a diagram showing massive damage to the passenger side of her vehicle. My insurance settled out of court because it was more expensive to prove she was lying than to pay her off

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                    There's seven dwarfs.
                    Seven /including/ the customer, who is clearly Dopey.
                    Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

I had somebody threaten to sue me because the large gauge plugs I have in my ears (which are 7/8 of an inch, and I've had them for 12+ years) were scaring their children.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                        My insurance settled out of court because it was more expensive to prove she was lying than to pay her off
                        That's why, with one accident where I was at fault, while still shaken up at the time, had the wherewithal to pull out my $2k camera rig and photograph all damage to both vehicles, wifi it to my phone, and send it to the other driver and responding police officer. Just in case.

Comment

I'm in the travel business, so I'm often at the receiving end of profanity-laced rants toward the airlines (most of them are understandable) that end with a threat to sue.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never understood why (by screaming and cursing) you would want to alienate the travel professional who has the ability to actually fix whatever whatever scrape the airlines have placed you in.

Then again, that's the battle-cry of SC's everywhere: Go ahead and blame the person who sometimes has the ability to fix your shit, thereby making that person do the bare minimum for you..just enough to keep his or her job.
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

These kids

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
                            I had somebody threaten to sue me because the large gauge plugs I have in my ears (which are 7/8 of an inch, and I've had them for 12+ years) were scaring their children.
                            They better not walk any down-town areas of any city I know then.

Key West will put them in hospital for life.

Comment

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
                              If holes in your ears scare the kids, I think they are going to be catatonic by the time they are old enough to enter the workforce.
                              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                                They better not walk any down-town areas of any city I know then.

Key West will put them in hospital for life.
                                Me and my son were once approached by a man with blue dyed spiked half shaved hair, a red dyed 2' long ratty beard, wearing a hoody jean vest, with a bare chest, a gas mask, goggles and a snorkel mask hanging around his neck, with huge gauged ears, gauged nose, multiple face peircings, and a seethrough disk in his chin you could see his teeth through. He asked me if I had a light. After he lit his smoke and left my (about 4 at the time) son turned and asked me 'Why does he not have his own lighter mommy?'

Really? Really!? That's what he thought was odd about what just happened?

I don't think kids scare as easy as parents would have them
                                Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Working...
                                X