This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth princess4life View Post
    I ended up volunteering to take a drug test, but only if the former boss would take one too. Mine came back clean hers didn't lol

People that live in glass house should not throw stones!
    I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Yeah, I'm fine. Boss dismissed the complaint, knowing full well I was clean. Hell, any number of things:

a) Always coming in Tuesdays and Thursdays with a bandage
      b) Having money on my Biolife debit card
      c) "Just call them and ask"

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
      You have thick veins? *envy* I bet the phlebotomists love you.

I tried to do apheresis donation on Monday & they had to give up after sticking me twice in my hand.

My left arm has thick veins, but the one they need to tap is in a bad spot and sort of hidden.... so while they CAN stick me, it just feels uncomfortable and it's my weak arm.

Sigh, my monitor is going bad, and I can't afford a replacement
      Last edited by Broomjockey; 02-09-2008, 03:55 PM. Reason: multi
      I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
      less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
        Hyper? Heck, my own fellow clerks would tell me to stay at the other end of the counter after I'd had 16oz of Mountain Dew at lunch.
        Sounds like one of my old co-workers. After she had an espresso, we couldn't figure out what she was paging.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Do they pay you to donate plasma? (just curious)

Comment

lol. i drive my bf crazy when i've had too much caffiene. (but mt dew is....not strong enough to me, lol)

oy... those donation-country lists can get annoying. i've been to lots of different places now, so sometimes it takes quite a few minutes for them to go over every single country i've been to, just to see that they're not on the "do not donate" list.

and the one country on the list i think is england...but one week there isn't long enough to trigger the ban on meh blood.

now that ive been in japan for several months tho... i'll have to see if that'll affect my donation ability for when i get back. anyone know?

Comment

Quoth Happy Otter Lover View Post
              Do they pay you to donate plasma? (just curious)
              Yes, they do. In Missouri it depends on how often you donate. Once a week is 25 twice is 40. You can't donate more than twice a week.
              Sadly I am O+ but I can't donate blood or Plasma anymore, I have extremely high blood pressure, which disqualifies me.

Comment

My father has high blood pressure and they refused him permission to give blood for that reason.

I thought that odd at the time, since surely they'd want to let some out? Turned out it didn't really work that way, and I was devastated.

Rapscallion

Comment

In S. Florida they pay you about $75 more or less depending on how many times you donate plasma.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

they don't here; when i went in to donate, a couple went in (rough, seedy looking), wondering if they would get 'paid' for their donation. after the clerk told them that donations are voluntary, not for pay, they left.

hmmm...

(not a reflection of those who do donate regularly, just that the location is near an area where a large group of homeless/drug addicts hang out)
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post

now that ive been in japan for several months tho... i'll have to see if that'll affect my donation ability for when i get back. anyone know?
                      I can't say on plasma, but whole blood seems fine.

Comment

At Biolife, the base price is "twice a week.... $20 the first time, $30 the second", so if you go every chance (twice a week), $200/month.

They often do promotions, like for the past three months, it's 20/40 instead of 20/30

It's good for balancing.
                        My current savings method is
                        Take my paycheck. $200 goes to savings. The rest goes to checking, and checking is used for gas and supplies. My Biolife card is used for all my food, and occasionally surprise purchases (like a new battery)

It's cool because just spending the Biolife card on food, I needed a new battery and checked the Biolife balance, and it was like "$544.23". "Holy crap. That required like, no effort."
                        Last edited by ahanix1989; 02-10-2008, 02:58 PM.
                        I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                        less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

I've never donated blood...my blood pressure tends toward low and I sometimes faint pretty easily; besides, despite the extreme visibility of my veins (I have really light skin), it is never easy for them to get blood from me when I have to have blood drawn at the doctor.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've never donated or sold plasma because I heard that the hygiene protocols in those places are almost never followed. Don't know if it's true or not but I figure you can't be too careful, especially when it comes to needles.

Comment

I'm O+.... have never lived in a "can't donate" area, am not over/underweight, have no illnesses that disqualify me from donating.... but I'm not allowed to donate.

Why?

Because the last time I went in to donate they checked my iron level....

The nurse looked up from the meter in astonishment and asked "HOW ARE YOU STILL CONSCIOUS????"

Apparently my iron count is at the level of dying coma patients.

Who knew?

I'm perfectly fine, energetic enough to run after 4 heathen children, healthy as a no-breed mutt (I'd say horse... but they're surprisingly fragile, just very large)... But my iron level disqualifies me from donating anything at all.

It sucketh much buttocks.
                              hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
                              1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
                              2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
                              3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

I can't donate ANYTHING, because I don't weigh 110 lbs. I'm not underweight, just very short (5' 0"). I'm not overly fond of needles anyhow, but it makes me sad that I can't help out.
                                Zee website has been *UPDATED*

Comment

Working...
                                X