This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next time try the time machine shipping option

I had thought that this weekend would be fairly slow for me since I managed to slip through the cracks when customer service classes were being held a few months back and all I can am supposed to do is take orders and send catalog/remove from mailing list requests. My handle time for the week should be great since I did get a bazillion "track my order" calls that, gee darn I can't do and had to transfer over to customer service. Gotta love tons of 15-30 second calls.

Among the people I did talk with:

"I placed and got my order back in November and just now looked at the candy canes and over half of them are broken" (That sucks, but there isn't crap anybody can really do to get unbroken ones to you now...don't know if I feel more sorry for you or the person in customer service I am transferring you to)

Several people crabby that the particular New Years kit they want is out of stock. (I guess we should have thousands extra on hand, because you know hats and horns and stuff like that with "Happy 2013" on them can be used year after year)

Even more people crabby that our fastest shipping is expensive.

A lady that wanted to argue with me that since we call the shipping option "2-3 business day" instead of "two day air" there was no way we could get it to her by the day I was showing for delivery of her order.

A lady that couldn't understand why we would not be getting a discontinued item back in stock.

At 2:30 pm on Saturday the 22nd--
    Caller: What's the earliest I can get my order?
    Me: Well, the warehouse doesn't work on weekends and we are closed Christmas Eve and Day. So the next business day shipping would get it to you on December 27th.
    Caller: Does that mean I wouldn't be able to get it in time for Christmas??
    Me:

Quoth Deevil View Post
    At 2:30 pm on Saturday the 22nd--
    Caller: What's the earliest I can get my order?
    Me: Well, the warehouse doesn't work on weekends and we are closed Christmas Eve and Day. So the next business day shipping would get it to you on December 27th.
    Caller: Does that mean I wouldn't be able to get it in time for Christmas??
    Me:
    "Well, yes, if you're Eastern Orthodox, ma'am. Oh, you're not. . . have you thought about converting? Now's the time."

Comment

Quoth Miss Fatale View Post
      "Well, yes, if you're Eastern Orthodox, ma'am. Oh, you're not. . . have you thought about converting? Now's the time."
      Darn, you beat me to it!
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"Christmas of 2013, sure!"

(The Orthodox comeback is better though, haha)

Comment

"Temporal Express, when it absolutly, positivliy has to be there yesterday!"
          Persephone is the reason for the season.

Comment

Working...
          X