This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I didn't get a complaint yet...

Well since EVERYONE was a douchebag yesterday I'll just post the highlights. I'm just waiting for a complaint to come in through the email about the little elf who works at their store who actually wants to be a dentist. She's a real bitch I hear.

I was walked into. Like. I was existing in a spot and an old man walked into me. He did not BUMP into me, he walked into me as though I did not exist. When he was full-on body-to-body with me he stopped. He did not back up. He did not go to the side. He just stopped with his whole body pressed against me.

I stepped out of his way because I was freaked out and because I had to go do something else. When I moved he continued to move forward. Like a video game character when an object suddenly moves out of the way.

My CW was screamed at for not allowing a man to put gas into an unapproved container which happens to be illegal.

A man cut the line and when he was told that he would have to get back in line he responded with: "I am in line, I just walked in." When he finally got to my register, after the transaction he had to get in his 'parting shot' but he mumbled it so I didn't hear it. I said: "I'm sorry?" in a manner that was CLEARLY "I didn't hear what you said" and he responded with: "I'LL ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY." I shrugged and told the next guy in line that I hadn't apologized, I just hadn't heard what he said. He chuckled. The only non-douche who was not a regular. Siiiigh.

SC: This rewards card is too complicated, I'm just gonna go to [other company]!!!!
    Me: ...I don't care.
    SC:

SC: Well this prepay only thing is VERY inconvenient, it'll make me think twice before EVER COMING HERE AGAIN. You can tell your manager that!
    Me: Thaaaaat isn't going to happen. *gives corporate number* My manager doesn't have anything to do with it. This is a corporate policy and I'm not going to talk to them either.
    SC:

Note: I'm sure everyone has probably heard of the CT school shooting. It made people crazy here just like it made people crazy everywhere else. Some people are a little more easily offended by everyday things now that they wouldn't bat an eyelash at before. [Please don't turn this into fratching.]

SC: EXCUSE ME, I HAVE A QUESTION.
    Me: Yes?
    SC: DON'T YOU THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THESE OFF YOUR SHELVES CONSIDERING WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! *throws a gun magazine at me* THIS IS DESPICABLE.
    Me: *so tired of insanity at this point that I say this with complete and utter apathy* I don't make those decisions. *puts it back on the shelf.*

Thankfully haven't seen a lot of the Newtown-induced crazy here in MI, except for the fact that in every major city in Michigan, (except Grand Rapids apparently) all the schools closed due to the combined crazy from the apocalypse (it was supposed to happen that day) and Newtown. Apparently my sister's school closed due to unsubstantiated rumours. The ones around Detroit closed due to threats, some closed due to the expectation nobody would come anyway... it was insane.

On a different note, I love how the customers seem to assume you've got some great control and stake in the store you're at. Sure, I can deviate from the standard of pre-pay. Just for you! (You're that special to me. It's not like I hate seeing your face or anything.) Sure, I won't get fired for hiding merchandise!

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post
      Thankfully haven't seen a lot of the Newtown-induced crazy here in MI, except for the fact that in every major city in Michigan, (except Grand Rapids apparently) all the schools closed due to the combined crazy from the apocalypse (it was supposed to happen that day) and Newtown. Apparently my sister's school closed due to unsubstantiated rumours. The ones around Detroit closed due to threats, some closed due to the expectation nobody would come anyway... it was insane.

On a different note, I love how the customers seem to assume you've got some great control and stake in the store you're at. Sure, I can deviate from the standard of pre-pay. Just for you! (You're that special to me. It's not like I hate seeing your face or anything.) Sure, I won't get fired for hiding merchandise!
      OK, I can see maybe closing schools in sympathy with Newtown, but because of the so-called apocalypse?? Did they actually take that into consideration when they made the decision to close??

Man, as a species, we're doomed.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I suspect it would be closed because if the students believe it, they are going to be unteachable. They might have though it better to take the day off instead of trying to control kids who think they can do whatever they like because the end of the world is coming.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          OK, I can see maybe closing schools in sympathy with Newtown, but because of the so-called apocalypse?? Did they actually take that into consideration when they made the decision to close??

It's not that the school board thinks there will be anything, but they know thek parents are nutty and they don't want to deal with a huge number of absences.

It's more or less like if you have a large religious minority - either you close for the relevant holidays, or you deal with all the absences. If the minority is like 25% of the population, it's probably easier to close than to do the paperwork.
          Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
            I suspect it would be closed because if the students believe it, they are going to be unteachable.
            It probably doesn't matter if they believe that it's true or not. One less day of actually sitting quietly in class is one less day...
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That first story almost sounds a bit pervy. Like he was looking for an excuse to have his body uncomfortably close to yours.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Maybe it's just me, but it seems that they actively LOOK for reasons to close schools anymore. Lately (at least in this area), they'll close the schools if the weatherman even MENTIONS snow.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Indeed. It's like they encourage people to be idiots. I've survived at least a dozen 'end of the world' theories in my 49 years, and I'm constantly amazed at how many allegedly rational, intelligent people lose their shit each time.

Comment

I somehow missed this thread. Wow. Old guy walking into you? Creepy. Did he keep walking until he hit a wall? O.o As for your other SCs:
                  1) It's illegal, dumbass. Why don't we call the local authorities down here, and you can scream at them about it? No? Then shut up.
                  2) Go to the back of the line, asshole. Back. Of. The Line. Also, he'd had had the same response to me, as "I'm sorry?" is my usual response when I don't hear/misunderstand something.
                  3) I'm sorry, was that supposed to be a threat, SC?
                  4) Prepay might be inconvenient to you, but it saves us a lot of headaches with people thinking they can just, y'know, drive off without paying for gas.
                  5) Thankfully, we don't sell magazines. I did, however, get to discuss Newtown with every single customer that came in the day after it happened. Seriously. All of them. Cooper, I heard about the schools closing in MI. There was an article in the Des Moines paper, I think. Craziness!
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

as for the old guy in the first story, I smell a bit of Dr. Seuss there, as in a Northbound Zax VS a Southbound Zax but he expected you to be a omni-directional Zax
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                    X