X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad I Didn't Answer That

First time posting

Background: I work cashiering with two other people every day, and once in a while we get a phone call. Normally people who call ask what our hours are or if we have a certain item in stock.

Today the phone rings and one of my coworkers gets to the phone before me. After about 5 minutes on the phone she passes the call off to our manager. She is on the phone for 10 minutes before putting this lady on hold. She says that she is reading her entire shopping list off and asking many questions about each item. My manager leaves with a shopping basket and comes back with it full of all of the kinds of measuring glasses we have in stock. After another 10 minutes on the phone, and my manager urging this lady to go on our website, she finally gets off the phone. my manager says that she's gonna call back later.
    Last edited by Redhead17; 12-28-2012, 04:15 PM.
    Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
    - Charlie Chaplin

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
    - Captain Jack Sparrow

Wow ... your manager is a lot nicer than many would be under those conditions. If nothing else they'd have a sudden failure of the phone lines, LOL.

Comment

Welcome to the boards.

That's...wow... props for patience, I'll give her that. It sounds like you work in a small store but I'm pretty sure it's not.

Did the lady ever come in?

Comment

Hey SC, here's a novel idea: why don't you come in and look for yourself?!

I hate those jerks who treat us like their personal slaves!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Your manager has far more patience than I would have. After the first few questions, and with the realization that there were a lot more coming, I would have explained, firmly but politely, that I have customers to serve in the store, I'm sorry I can't answer all your questions at this time, but if you have any further questions, you can consult our website, thank you very much have a nice day thank you for choosing <Store> for all your shopping needs *click*

Secondly, welcome to Customers Suck! The brain bleach is over there, the cookies are over there, talk to Jester if you want booze, talk to Gravekeeper if you want pants, and oh, that reminds me.

Surrender your pants.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
          X