X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An SC with VERY high standards

We seem to be getting a lot of SCs at hotels lately

Other driver took this gem of a run

A hotel customer places an order for a large pizza, breasticks some wings and a 2-liter. They also request plates, napkins and forks. Not all that unusual a request for a hotel order.

Our "rule" for such "supplies" is 3 or 4 plates, napkins and forks per large pizza, 2 per pan of pasta and maybe 1 or 2 extra for good measure. We pack all such supplies in a regular to-go bag (the same size as a grocery store plastic bag)

Driver arrives at the customers door, Reads the order and the total. The guy who answered asked about the supplies. THe driver hands him the side bag. The guy pokes at the bag and says "WHEN I REQUEST napkins I EXPECT this much" and holds his finger and thumb about 3 inches apart and continues "WELL THERE GOES YOUR TIP!!!"

Yeah right just another stupid excuse for stiffing a delivery driver. We figure the guy was looking for any stupid excuse to stiff.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

What a jerk! It's not like the delivery person packed the order. Also, how messy is this SC?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      "WHEN I REQUEST napkins I EXPECT this much" and holds his finger and thumb about 3 inches apart
      3 inches?

I think we can all guess what he uses to measure that...
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
        3 inches?

Well, 3-in would be about 15 lengths, I think.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

"For that many napkins, we charge an extra $2. So, actually, you're saving money!"

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
            Well, 3-in would be about 15 lengths, I think.

SC
            hung like a light switch
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
              3 inches?

That would be with a minus (-) sign in front of that 3 inches, I would think.

Sorry you had to deal with that jerk . . . I thought I read that ex's obit in the newspaper about 3 years ago.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

He's in a hotel room. If he's going to be that messy with his food, he can just shower when he's done.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  He's in a hotel room. If he's going to be that messy with his food, he can just shower when he's done.
                  If he can find his way into the bathroom without falling over and passing out, that is.

Kinda reminds me of my mom's 2nd ex (the one who passed away a couple of years ago.)

He'd get so drunk he'd forget where the bathroom was and pee out the back door. If Mama couldn't get up in time to catch hold of him, he'd tumble down the back steps (which actually DID happen on Easter Sunday at that.)

Then he claimed later that the Easter Bunny beat the crap out of him and threw him down the back steps.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

If you WANT that many napkins, it usually helps if you ASK for that many napkins. Merely asking for napkins and such in no way guarantees you are going to get a massive amount of said item.

I ask for extra duck sauce when I order Chinese, because I like a lot of duck sauce for my egg roll. If I didn't ask for it, I would only get one packet, and that for me is not enough. But I know enough to ASK.

Why? Because I'm not a flaming idiot like the hotel guest, that's why.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

But if I use any of the paper products in the room, even when I take the trash with me, housekeeping will *know* I had a fap attack in their room.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        If you WANT that many napkins, it usually helps if you ASK for that many napkins. Merely asking for napkins and such in no way guarantees you are going to get a massive amount of said item.
                        Just another example of how somehow, in SC logic, the people who make the lowest wages paid, the people they consider to be lower in society than anyone else, the people they feel are the most incompetent in the world, the people they seem to feel have no redeeming social value - somehow, they still believe that these same people are capable of wonderful feats of mind-reading and are able to know exactly what their wishes are without actually stating said wishes.

Madness takes it's toll....
                        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          But if I use any of the paper products in the room, even when I take the trash with me, housekeeping will *know* I had a fap attack in their room.
                          And you care what the housekeeping staff at hotels think of you....why?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            Just broke rule number 1. I'm sorry.

Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

"And you never suggested you wanted an entire package all to yourself so you get what we feel is enough. you want more? use your words not your assumptions."

but o if only you could

Comment

Working...
                              X