This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    We get that all the time at the fabric store! We have to keep a strict 24-hour hold policy or the back room will be filled with held items waiting for weeks on end for the customer to deign to pick it up. I guess someone learned that the hard way some time ago, that's why the policy.
    That would be the smart thing to do, but I suspect we'd have to have corporate's backing ... Hopefully it won't be a regular occurrence!

Comment

I definitely remember people asking us to hold stuff back at GameStore -- our policy was "until close tonight is the limit", maybe a bit longer if you worked there AND we had plenty of them. The best was when people asked us to hold Wii's during release year ... We had some good laughs about that one.
      Quoth Argabarga View Post
      People and their "important stuff"

...leave it in their unlocked car...!
      I just love researching crime articles sometimes...99% of all reports I read about car burglaries include a phrase to the effect of "all of the cars that were burglarized had been left unlocked"
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

We once had a customer ask us to hold her laptop while she considered getting it repaired.

I don't know if she ever came back for it. When I left, we'd had it for well over a month. Not even sure we could send it off to strip for parts since technically she never signed any paperwork on it. (paperwork states that abandoned units WILL get sent off to be harvested after a specific period of time)

Comment

Working...
        X