This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last SCs of 2012

Last shift of 2012! I missed working Black Friday but from what I’ve heard it was fucking awful. None of my co-workers want to talk about it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Took a burger meal out to a customer. The burger had NO SALAD written on the ticket.

SC: Excuse me, but I asked for a free bowl of fries in exchange for the salad on my burger?

Liar. We would NEVER approve that kind of exchange.

Me: Oh right. There was nothing on the ticket-
    SC: That’s because the mean barmaid said no. So could you please get me them?
    Me: I’m afraid that’s not a fair exchange.
    SC: But I paid for them.
    Me: No you didn’t. You just said you wanted them for free.
    SC: Ok, well I’ll pay for them now then.

What is this? I don’t even…

I rang through the fries. I took them out a couple of minutes later.

SC: I’ve been overcharged for my burger.

She slams the receipt in my hand. I get the menu.

Me: No you haven’t. The price matches the one on your receipt.
    SC: No it doesn’t.
    Me: It does.

I actually took her through the numbers one by one.

SC: I’m still not convinced.

I walked away. I actually heard her moan “Geez. What does it take for him to offer me a refund?”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve noticed this alarming trend at the minute: overly dramatic underage teenagers.

Normally when you discover someone doesn’t have ID, you get a pitiful “Aww maaaan” or maybe a little bit of pleading. Last night I had this from a lovely girl.

Me: I’m sorry, but without ID you cannot be in here.
    SC: YOU’RE A CUNT! A FUCKING CUNT! I HAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTEE YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!111!!!

She burst out crying. I was so angry I called the doorman over and told him to get the fucking bitch out of my sight. And yes, I actually used those words.

Kids are allowed in the pub until 8pm. However everyone in their party has to be eating a meal and the last food order for families is at 7pm.

A group of 15 came in. Ten adults and five children. It was 6:45. I decided to politely explain the rules with children seeing as they had come in so late. They all told me not to worry and that they will have ordered by 7pm.

6:58…

SC: I want to order a portion of garlic bread for our group.
    Me: Is that all you’re ordering?
    SC: Yes.
    Me: I’m sorry but I did explain to you that everyone in your party needs to be eating a MEAL for children to be in here. A small portion of garlic bread between 15 people does not count.
    SC: That is absolutely ridiculous! We’re all going to have a bite each! That’s a meal for us!
    Me: Sorry, but the rules are that you have to be eating a full meal.
    SC: We don’t get to meet up very often! We only see each other just before Christmas, and now you’re telling me we have to go??
    Me: I’m very sorry, but that’s our policy.
    SC: Well how about this? We’re going to *pub across the street*. They’re more welcoming!
    Me: That’s your choice.

The group slowly got their stuff together and left. As they went they each shot me a very smug smile, children included.

Oh but here’s the thing. The pub across the street has even stricter rules about kids than we do. In fact they don’t allow children in after 3pm! At 6pm doormen go on duty and the place converts into a nightclub! I decided this would be the best time to wipe some tables by the window, and watched as the doorman across the street shooed them away. They then turned around and immediately started heading for ours! I quickly ran behind the bar as they sheepishly re-entered the pub.

SC: Yes…umm…can we order some meals please?
    Me: Oh I’m sorry. But I did explain that last food orders for parties with children was at 7pm. It’s now 7:05…
    SC: You’re doing this on purpose!!
    Me: I am just obeying the rules.
    SC: I have a good mind to slap that smug look off your face!

They left again. This time they gave me a death glare as they went.

I am very glad I ruined their Christmas.

I walked away. I actually heard her moan “Geez. What does it take for him to offer me a refund?”
    You actually deserving a refund?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You mean fabricating a complaint out of whole cloth doesn't cut it?!

Comment

SC: I have a good mind to slap that smug look off your face!

I would have said you are welcome to try but you might wake up from the echo somewhere else... and grinned my biggest shit eating grin

Comment

Heh, my thought is more 'Try it. The police enjoy arresting people for assault.'

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
            Me: I’m sorry, but without ID you cannot be in here.
            SC: YOU’RE A CUNT! A FUCKING CUNT! I HAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTEE YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!111!!!

She burst out crying.
            "Oh, yeah, scream and throw a tantrum like a toilet-mouthed toddler, that'll prove you're mature enough to be drinking age!"

When did this trend of not using one's brain start, and when will it go out of style?
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
              I am very glad I ruined their Christmas.
              I'm very glad you did too. You had help from the very family whose Christmas you ruined. Don't you just love self-pwnage?
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
              X