This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want my free coffee NOW!

I popped into McD's this morning to pickup some breakfast. They were absolutely slammed... must have been over 20 people ahead of me waiting on food.

Didn't stop the "gentleman" wanting a (free) small coffee refill from insisting that the coffee person get him more coffee RIGHT NOW. He was told he would get his coffee in turn after the folks already waiting were served. He complained he shouldn't have to wait, that his breakfast was getting cold. The manager tried to get him to wait and finally gave up and got the coffee so he (the manager) could go back to getting orders out the door.

As he made his way back to his seat some of us other customers made a point to tell to him that that there IS a line, and we have been all waiting some time for our food.

The kicker... the "breakfast what was getting cold": all that was left of it was about half an English muffin.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

So that manager rewarded him for being a whiny bitch. Lovely.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
      So that manager rewarded him for being a whiny bitch. Lovely.
      Unfortunately, yes, although only after pushing back pretty hard.

The manager at that location is all about getting people in and out as quickly as possible (most customers are on their way to work). So I think he was between a rock and hard place on this one. Continuing an argument with the one customer in the middle of the morning rush would only slow down all the other orders.

Comment

What's the argument? "No sir, you can wait in line or move along. Next!"
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

But you KNOW the guy wouldn't take that calmly, right up to and including shoving in front of the customer at the front of the counter so he could keep demanding his free coffee.

I agree that he shouldn't have been rewarded, but I can also see why, under these particular circumstances, the manager just gave him the coffee to get him to STFU and get lost.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

This is when the manager should tell the codger to get out.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Sadly, this is fairly standard. We have seniors who get pissed right off when we finish entering in an order for somebody instead of dropping everything to get them a refill on their .99 coffee. I've learned to tell them they have to wait their turn and then ignore them until I've got a chance to get them their damn refill.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                I agree that he shouldn't have been rewarded, but I can also see why, under these particular circumstances, the manager just gave him the coffee to get him to STFU and get lost.
                And in this case, get him to move out of the way so the people behind could get to the counter to pick up their orders. As I said, most of the people in line were on the way to work, and I am sure a lot of them needed to clock in on time.
                Last edited by It's me; 06-09-2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately, The manager probably didn't have as much power there as we'd like, because I can just hear this guy, shoving himself back toward the counter while having an intentionally loud phone conversation with corporate. And in that conversation, he'd paint the store as "Almost empty" and probably claim they were just lazing around.

What is corporate going to do, verify by checking the camera or rapidly try to placate an upset "customer"?

Sometimes you have to take a loss, despite the bad precedent. People that self important will find ways to "demonstrate" that they are, in fact, that "important"

Comment

Working...
                  X