This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 242 years ago today....

Apparently you lot over the pond were revolting.Not much has changed since has it? 😈
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

*throws a crate of tea into the harbor whilst an eagle perches on his shoulder*
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Wasn't the national bird supposed to be the turkey?
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Every year on the 4th, I think back to my namesake who was part of the 3% who took up arms against his nation, to create a new one. What were his thoughts on doing so, I have to wonder.

He's been dead since 1822, so it's impossible to know.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          It was, but ol' Ben Franklin objected. Said something about the eagle having poor morals or whatnot. They HAVE been known to eat other birds' young ones, but dude, that's nature.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            Apparently you lot over the pond were revolting.Not much has changed since has it? ��
            Yeah, we're still pretty revolting.

Quoth EricKei View Post
            *throws a crate of tea into the harbor whilst an eagle perches on his shoulder*
            I tried to "like" this post.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

On the turkey -- Yup. But they're so damn fugly. x.x
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                It was, but ol' Ben Franklin objected. Said something about the eagle having poor morals or whatnot. They HAVE been known to eat other birds' young ones, but dude, that's nature.
                The Smithsonian has an article about this which goes into some detail. It's not exactly as I remember learning it, but
                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  On the turkey -- Yup. But they're so damn fugly. x.x
                  Delicious with a side of 'taters and dressing, though.
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...87/732/9e4.gif

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                      Delicious with a side of 'taters and dressing, though.
                      What's taters Precious?
                      Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

I like my Coffee Black Rifle and my tea in the harbor.
                        AkaiKitsune
                        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
                          What's taters Precious?
                          That's what some folks call potatoes.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            At least you haven't got a fat,waddling rodent with buck teeth...
                            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                            X