This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporate guilt/bribe

At the grocery store today when the cashier gave me my receipt she said if I fill out the survey and mention her by name that she'll get $2.

So much irritation. Not for the cashier, hey if she got five people per day, times five days a week she gets an extra $50 per week. I know that would certainly be helpful for me, so I can't be mad at her. I'm mad at corporate for forcing this on the cashiers. It's just so... URG. Hate it. So then if I forget to take the survey I feel bad. I shouldn't, but I will. I go to the store on the same day each week and there's two main cashiers at that time so I recognize them. If I could get them a couple extra bucks, I will.

I just hate this tactic so so much. It's a big chain owned by Kroger.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

File a complaint with Kroger. "Dear asshats, [everything you just said without naming the employee]. F U, notalwaysright"
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

This is happening at the Kroger location I work at as a cashier.

But, I do not do this.

Comment

I used to work for a King Soopers and every time they did that it was because people were not doing t the surveys that they got on the bottom of the receipt and I still thought at the time it was b******* to do that

Comment

Oh my, data mining is getting more expensive.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

To be honest, I'd be more likely to fill out those surveys if they said the checkout operator was getting a small bonus, rather than "you might win a prize/x,000 points/a gift card!" I have terrible luck for raffles/lotteries, and very rarely win anything other than on those 2p sliding shelf machines, so that's never been an incentive for me. Getting a pleasant checkout operator a couple of quid's bonus, though? Worth a couple of minutes of my time.
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
              To be honest, I'd be more likely to fill out those surveys if they said the checkout operator was getting a small bonus, rather than "you might win a prize/x,000 points/a gift card!" I have terrible luck for raffles/lotteries, and very rarely win anything other than on those 2p sliding shelf machines, so that's never been an incentive for me. Getting a pleasant checkout operator a couple of quid's bonus, though? Worth a couple of minutes of my time.
              On the one hand, I agree with this. I *never* win anything, LOL.

OTOH, it seems to me this is a very pointed guilt tactic ("You didn't fill out the survey; the poor cashier will not get her money, you terrible person!") I dislike emotional blackmail no matter how it's dressed up.
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

To be honest, I'd be more likely to fill out those surveys if they said the checkout operator was getting a small bonus, rather than "you might win a prize/x,000 points/a gift card!"
                You actually get like three things if you fill out the survey. You get fuel points (which I never use, the gas station is super busy and stressful and I don't understand how to redeem the points), you get entered in a drawing for a $100 and $5,000 gift card, and you give the cashier $2.

But like Pixelated said, it's emotional blackmail. Plus I feel bad for the cashiers, having to essentially beg for money. At least that how it feels. They say I need to mention the cashier by name. I think a much better way would be if the survey asked questions about how efficient and friendly the cashier was, and if they got perfect/high marks, they automatically got the $2. I don't know. There just has to be a better way.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                  But like Pixelated said, it's emotional blackmail. Plus I feel bad for the cashiers, having to essentially beg for money. At least that how it feels. They say I need to mention the cashier by name. I think a much better way would be if the survey asked questions about how efficient and friendly the cashier was, and if they got perfect/high marks, they automatically got the $2. I don't know. There just has to be a better way.
                  If you look at this in a slightly different way, You are "choosing " to tip your cashier. Instead of the customer tipping the cashier/server, the company is. Which is weird because mostly they want to NOT spend any extra money especially where employees are concerned.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I have terrible luck for raffles/lotteries, and very rarely win anything
                    That's not "bad luck" as much as it is "math".
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                      I think a much better way would be if the survey asked questions about how efficient and friendly the cashier was, and if they got perfect/high marks, they automatically got the $2. I don't know. There just has to be a better way.
                      But, as I alluded to, the point of the survey isn't to truly gauge how the cashiers are doing; it's data mining. You likely have to enter your name, address, e-mail, or some other information that makes it possible for them to track you.

Irvy don't play dat.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        If you look at this in a slightly different way, You are "choosing " to tip your cashier. Instead of the customer tipping the cashier/server, the company is. Which is weird because mostly they want to NOT spend any extra money especially where employees are concerned.
                        Money is cheaper than "important folks" time, much less attention. This is a way for them to extract m/o/n/e/y/ data from the customer while making the cashier do the work of convincing the customer to do it. And the executives don't have to lift a finger.
                        Last edited by Mental_Mouse; 04-22-2018, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I've only filled out one of these surveys. And what enticed me wasn't the possibility of $X,000 if I'm lucky. It was a coupon for a free cookie. Yeah, I'll take the sure thing over a slim chance of winning.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                          X