Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm OK at home, not great. I don't have AC in the car and I'm fairly certain it's an expensive fix so I'll have to just deal with it.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I'm OK at home, not great. I don't have AC in the car and I'm fairly certain it's an expensive fix so I'll have to just deal with it.
      Even if I did have A/C in my car I would not run it especially when working. lower gas mileage sucks and it is not all that effective at work. getting in and out of the car constantly for like 6 or 7 hours A/C is not worth it.

Sunday was 96 and humid as heck.

I have box fas all over the house but only 1 window A/C unit in my bedroom. even If I did have a unit for my living room, under my current electrical wiring scheme I could only have one unit running at a time . my house is not really wired logically like room by room but some wall by wall thing The receptical that I would have to use for a window A/C in my living room is on the same wall and circuit as the one in my bedroom and would pop the breaker if I turned both on at the same time.
      Last edited by Racket_Man; 05-30-2018, 06:24 AM.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I disagree. I'm in and out of the sweat box of doom all day, and I am more than willing to spend the extra gas money on a/c. And I most definitely wouldn't subject my passengers to 100+ degree heat. Hell, I just shopped my van AGAIN yesterday because, among other things, the a/c was dying.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I may live in the UK, but I wouldn't be without aircon. When you're in unmoving traffic, bumper to bumper, in 90+ heat, surrounded by engines pumping out heat and exhausts pumping out fumes, open windows don't cut it. The one summer my aircon crapped out on me I ended up with heat rash and regularly had heatstroke migraines until it was fixed.

There's also the fact that it clears my windscreen of condensation in less than half the time in winter, so it saves me fuel and time in the long run.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Last week, we had a heat wave. Wed to Friday, temps were 30+C, 37 with the humidex.

Last night/this morning, there was a province wide frost warning and it was down to 1-2C. (over the weekend it was 16-20).

Yeah it's been a fun spring so far.

Comment

For most of the last couple of weeks, its been stormy enough to spam my phone with flood warnings. At one point I had a pizza delivered, told the girl to keep the change on $30 for a $21 bill, and was glad I could get food delivered at all in that storm.

Except for the couple of 86F days, and today it's supposed to whip from the current 63 (at 9AM) to a high of 84.

Comment

Working...
              X