This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asshole kicked to the curb

The wife of the asshole I talked about in this thread and this one (we never did send that letter) finally kicked out her cheating, sexist asshole of a husband. She came in yesterday and opened an account in just her name and transferred the money that was left into it. The money that he hadn't "spent on floozies", according to her.

She should have left him years ago, but I'm happy for her that she's finally kicked him out.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Are you sure this will stop him from coming over?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

She was talking about possibly getting a restraining order, though I don't know if that's actually any help.

At least he won't have access to any of her money.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Restraining order doesn't prevent him from coming back around, but it does make it easier for the responding police to remove him from the area when he does come back 'round.
        It's not a bad idea, really.

A good divorce lawyer wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Comment

As I always say, a restraining order is just a piece of paper, don't rely on it in a life-and-death situation. But having one lets the police act a lot faster than without one.
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Yup. A restraining order is half of why I hang my hat where I do right now. I get to keep the little meth heads from moving back into the place. (Elder abuse and assorted drug-related bullshit)
            The restraining order shall be enforced, but damn, we put some locked, steel reinforced, no-entry devices all over the place.

Comment

Working...
            X