Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Check it out!

Old 01-30-2018, 03:01 PM
Assistant Manager

Yesterday I was still seeing it with scripts turned off, so it's not completely gone.

Still having problems with Disqus, though -- I'm not getting their verification E-mails, and that's got me locked out from commenting on my main account.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Store Manager

It's beginning to sound to me that you may have something more nefarious running on your system and interfering with your browsing. Especially with those prompts to buy a subscription.

I don't think I've noticed any subscription prompts, neither when browsing at home (via Chrome and ABP) or on my phone.

I'd do a full system scan on your system looking for malware just in case. Others can probably suggest appropriate scanners.

Also try a few different browsers to see if the problem persists. If you can check a few different computers too.

And contact Google about that uncancellable repeatable billing, if that is the case. Maybe it is already gone and that's why you can't see it, but it sounds sketchier than that.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:10 PM
Chairman of the Board

I've had it show up for a couple days before it went away.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:42 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Jetfire View Post
It's beginning to sound to me that you may have something more nefarious running on your system and interfering with your browsing. Especially with those prompts to buy a subscription.

I don't think I've noticed any subscription prompts, neither when browsing at home (via Chrome and ABP) or on my phone.

I'd do a full system scan on your system looking for malware just in case. Others can probably suggest appropriate scanners.

Also try a few different browsers to see if the problem persists. If you can check a few different computers too.

And contact Google about that uncancellable repeatable billing, if that is the case. Maybe it is already gone and that's why you can't see it, but it sounds sketchier than that.
The prompts were from Google/NAR, but NAR has since given up on them. Given their topic, it's good that they can admit a mistake and walk it back. (I'm also running Linux, so Trojans etc. are less of a worry.)

Google also altered their interface so that I could remove NAR from the "pass", which effectively makes the pass moot.

The disappearance of the comment box turns out to be on Disqus's side, but that's entirely another rant: Currently my main ID wants me to verify my address, but their verification E-mails are simply not arriving. Looking at Disqus's own forums, I'm not the only person having this problem, but they are simply not responding to queries on that. I won't even get into the spurious spam-marking that afflicted my backup address, and which seems to be affecting even more users.

Looking at Disqus' company page, they boast having one of the highest messages-to-staff ratio in the industry, with 50 million messages handled by (apparently) 36 staff members from the CEO on down. Of course, there is no way to send a message directly to the company staff, so I can't tell them that being grossly understaffed is not something to brag about.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:47 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

"It's not every day I can threaten someone using puns."

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 03-21-2018, 02:01 PM
Computer Tech

Quote:
Quoth Industry Guy
Lesson one to get a job in video games… or any job, really. Don’t be that guy!
I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:12 PM

Scenario: You are a high-school student, forced to take a money management class that nobody really wants to do, teachers included. (School no longer allows students to opt out of it.) You are bored with it. Your teacher is bored with it. Your classmates are lowest-common-denominator kinds of students.

Problem: How do you make the class bearable for yourself?

Solution: You get ridiculous with it. Much to the consternation of your classmates.

Old 06-16-2018, 04:01 PM

Scenario: A person is in a feud of sorts with members of his family, who keep redirecting his mail, despite this being illegal. Post office won't help and keep letting it happen.

Solution: This method given to him by a friend.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:42 PM
Darwin and Murphy are my gods.

This is why you don't ask the computer tech to check your pictures.
Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester