Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not wet. Water cannot damage electronics. Water is not a liquid.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bliss View Post
    To be completely objective, water is not a liquid. Water is a molecule composed by two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen.

Now water has the property that at one atmosphere and in temperatures varying from 1 degree celcius to 99 degree celcius a measurable ammount of water molecules will associate and react in the liquid state... but water itself is not a liquid, it observes a liquid state under certain conditions.
    Somehow, I think that he wasn't thinking along those extremely technical lines.
    Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
      To be completely objective, water is not a liquid. Water is a molecule composed by two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen.

Now water has the property that at one atmosphere and in temperatures varying from 1 degree celcius to 99 degree celcius a measurable ammount of water molecules will associate and react in the liquid state... but water itself is not a liquid, it observes a liquid state under certain conditions.
      Stop saying things like this. My brain is already mad at me for reading that SC's words, then a theory like this comes along. Very funny, but now my brain is very mad at me

I worked in electronics repair for five years and dealt with dozens of liquid damage incidents. I wish I could have put things as eloquently as Zell did, but I did manage. I had a few that didn't believe that the damage was as severe as it was, but never anyone who couldn't put together "water = bad". Certainly no one dumb enough to spread the ignorance that this assclown was polluting.
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
      Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
        I had a few that didn't believe that the damage was as severe as it was, but never anyone who couldn't put together "water = bad". Certainly no one dumb enough to spread the ignorance that this assclown was polluting.
        You've never been to an "import" car message board then. Some of the ignorance over there is simply mind-boggling. Many of those fools think that a few stickers, a monster stereo, and a fugly body kit will suddenly give their four-cylinder Honda enough balls to outrun a Corvette

Never under-estimate the power of stupid people in large groups
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Oh, yeah... Some stupid vinyl, a tail tip that could hold a watermelon, and a crooked plastic badge in the shape of an "R" are all it takes to make your POS go faster.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think my customer must be your customer's long lost brother...

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=14189

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post

If you want to get technical:

liq * quid

adj - composed of molecules that move freely among themselves but do not tend to separate like those of gases; neither gaseous nor solid
              noun - The state of matter in which a substance exhibits a characteristic readiness to flow, little or no tendency to disperse, and relatively high incompressibility.

So water is, infact, a liquid if it is not in vapor or solid form. The way you have it defined suggests that there is no such thing as a liquid. Anything and everything can be decomposed to the atomic level. Then by your logic, there is no such thing as solids or gasses, as well.
              Last edited by volatile; 08-01-2007, 07:12 PM.

Comment

There's no way this guy's an electrical engineer. I doubt he could even pass the most basic course. (I've audited an entire year of electrical engineering classes, adn it's COMPLICATED stuff.... my favorite class was Circuits )
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth volatile View Post
                  If you want to get technical:

liq * quid

adj - composed of molecules that move freely among themselves but do not tend to separate like those of gases; neither gaseous nor solid
                  noun - The state of matter in which a substance exhibits a characteristic readiness to flow, little or no tendency to disperse, and relatively high incompressibility.

So water is, infact, a liquid if it is not in vapor or solid form. The way you have it defined suggests that there is no such thing as a liquid. Anything and everything can be decomposed to the atomic level. Then by your logic, there is no such thing as solids or gasses, as well.
                  Because liquid water is a liquid, water itself, the molecule, can be naturally in a liquid state (noun use) but it's a molecule... of course there's also the point of language, where you could argue the common use of "water" is a shorthand version understood to be "Liquid water", and you'd be right because it's almost always used so, and other states to the compound are specified concretely like "ice" or "water vapor".

So, it depends on how you interpret it. Water as a molecule, a chemical compound, is that, a compound that can be present in several matter states.

Water in it's liquid state, (for example drinking water) which is also normally just referred to as "water" simply, is a liquid.

And morons, are morons, liquid or solid.
                  I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Water isn't a liquid? Oh dearie me

Quoth Polenicus View Post

SC World:
                    Water is Not a Liquid
                    SC is Aviation Engineer
                    Everything is free, and people just charge for it because they're dicks
                    Customer Service people are emotionless robots

Real World:
                    Water is a liquid damnit!
                    SC is a Sanitation Engineer who cleans airplane bathrooms
                    There are laws of Supply and Demand for a reason
                    SC people are emotionally stunted five year olds.
                    This is so funny. So much truth in it!
                    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

I cannot tell you how much of an honor it is to be immortalized in a CustomersSuck comic! Thank you to you all and to the artist! Only one problem, I'm not a girl and I'm not black... as it appears in the comic.
                      Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

Comment

CS: ... I know what corrosion is. Water cannot damage electronics.
                        Why, you're absolutely right! In fact, since you're so certain, how about you go home, sit in a tub full of water, COMPLETELY take it apart, go underwater in the bathtub...oh don't worry, wear a snorkel! Anyway, do all that, then try to use it. Have fun!

Tech: Are you seriously asking me that?
                        CS: You don't need to be a smart-ass, I'm telling you that liquid cannot damage phones, and this phone has never been wet.
                        It's funny how he doesn't address the tech directly, but rather states that YOU'RE a smart-ass. Sure, you proving you're not a complete ****ing idiot makes you a smart-ass. Damned if you do...

CS: FINE! Oh, and for your information water isn't a liquid.
                        ?!?!? Okay then, go breathe some and leave me alone! Al Gore feels your pain. So does Man-Bear-Pig. Perhaps it was one of those "If it wasn't for my horse" moments where he was trying to damage your mind.
                        You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Ahem. Most liquids have a liquid state under certain conditions - and a non-liquid state under certain other conditions.

Water is a liquid. When it is not in the condition of being a liquid, we call it something else.

And I think a really cool way to totally confuse the original SC would be to say "Of course water is a liquid. Same as glass is," And see his mind go into complete stasis.

Comment

Maybe he thought claiming he was a Rocket Scientist was too over the top?
                            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Talonetc View Post
                              I cannot tell you how much of an honor it is to be immortalized in a CustomersSuck comic! Thank you to you all and to the artist! Only one problem, I'm not a girl and I'm not black... as it appears in the comic.
                              Jennie, though awesome, isn't a mind reader/psychic/whatever, so, unless you've actually spelled it out for us somewhere on the board, she doesn't know. Plus, she generally uses generic people (I'd assume for the practice, as I've seen her web comics, and she likes to do experimental stuff).
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

This man didn't drop his phone into ice. Or steam.

Salt Water. It's a liquid. End of discussion.
                                Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
                                {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Comment

Working...
                                X