This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really La-Dee?

So the rear wiper on my Suburban went wonky. Most likely an arm but maybe the motor. So I took it next door to La Dee Chevy were I get a discount and said fix it.

Ok got lucky yes just the arm, all in $84. Sweet, I what out of auto industry but it does have it's perks.

Sucky...After telling me about the arm he asks if I what the trans service?
    What trans service**?
    Tech says it needs it.
    Really...humm the logbook I keep notes I did the fluid and filter I got from our/your parts dept 7mo ago if you look in the glove box you even get the milage.
    *silence*
    ah yea thanks, the tech does that on all his tickets I was kind of sure he's full of shit.

Really going to try to juffy lube your parts mgr? I though my techs were bad.

**$250
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Doesn't that constitute fraud?
    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Don't know if the techs get a piece of labor costs, but if they do, there'll be a big drive to do all kinds of "necessary" maintenance.

Still, you don't try to pull that crap on those in the industry. Especially on those who know what's actually needed, and what everything is.

Comment

Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
        Doesn't that constitute fraud?
        Not really

Quoth Buzzard View Post
        Don't know if the techs get a piece of labor costs, but if they do, there'll be a big drive to do all kinds of "necessary" maintenance.

Still, you don't try to pull that crap on those in the industry. Especially on those who know what's actually needed, and what everything is.
        oh yea, he's trying to pad his hours with some not too hard work.

I have to say 95% of the burbs on the road with 141k mi are in need. But if he pulled the stick he would of noticed the fluid was almost new.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
        X