This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do These People Have Acess to Money

Before I begin, let me explain a few things, as I am new 'round these parts.

The company I work for sells pet products. Everything from the average 99 cent toy to massive fiberglass kennels worth a few thousands dollars a piece. The majority of our product is below the $250-$300 mark. These are ordered over the phone through a catalog or on our website, and all information about payment methods are available on both. We offer no financing or billing options for the general public, and do not advertise those kind of things. Yet that did not stop the following lady.

Things started normal. She sounded relativley intelligent. Was inquiring about clippers for dogs, and I directed her to the one that suited her needs based on what she told me. Answered a few more good questions, and now it comes to ordering. Never that simple.

Me: Stubborn mule.
    SC: Should not be allowed to handle money.

SC: What are my financing options?
    Me: I'm sorry?
    SC: Financing. What are my options?
    Me: You want financing on a $100 clipper?
    SC: Yes.
    Me: I'm sorry, we don't do that. You have to pay by credit or debit card, send us a check, or pay COD.
    SC: Ok, well how long do I have to pay the bill?
    Me: There is no bill, you pay before you receive it.
    SC: What if you send it out before I pay for it, how long would I have to pay that bill?
    Me: There would be no bill. We cannot do that.

This goes on for a few minutes, her asking the same two questions, and me bashing my forehead against my desk. Eventually she gives up, and just says she is going to call back later. I pity the guy who gets her next.

Another customer type that fits here, which is becoming disturbingly frequent, are the kind that make indentity theft very, very easy. The conversation usually follows these lines:

Me: Stubborn mule
    EC: Easily Confused by cards w/ numbers on them

Me: I'm ready for your credit card number.
    EC: *card number*
    Me: The expiration please.
    EC: *expiration*
    Me: And the secuirty code on the back please.
    EC: I'm sorry, where is that located?
    Me: On the back of your credit card, last three digits.
    EC: So you want my Social Security number?
    Me: No sir, the number on the back of your credit card.

I swear, atleast three people have rattled off their SS number to me in the last month alone. And authorities wonder why cybercrime is growing. It has nothing to do with hackers, let me tell you.

It's survival of the fittest. Nature's just getting rid of the idiots we're producing to insure that our intelligence doesn't get so low we forget what the big red button that says nuclear launch means.
    We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

off topic-
      Im suppose to have this big long speal about, your protection, your bank, security, to get the security code on credit cards, after about a month of repeating myslef being yelled at by people who dont have bank accounts (yes your credit card companys works through a bank) and the like i just went back to saying can have the CVC code form the back of your card. of for amex- the four digit code that appears just above and to the right of your account number.

when people ask me why i want the CVC code, i just say its your credit card verification and confirmation code, to assure us you actual have the card in your hands to weed out one level of identy theft. Most people ar ok ad verfication (i have no idea what CVC really means but i like my explination.

Comment

I really wish they would print the security code that's on the back of the card on the front, or somewhere that isn't on the signature pad. I'd be a millionaire if I had a penny for evey time a customer was trying to use a card, and I needed the v-code or security code on the back and it'd been worn off. Then that equals instant SC.
        "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
        "Red."
        "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
        "RED!"
        "..."

Comment

Quoth d962831 View Post
          It's survival of the fittest. Nature's just getting rid of the idiots we're producing to insure that our intelligence doesn't get so low we forget what the big red button that says nuclear launch means.
          Actually, no it's not. If it was, we wouldn't have idiots like Lindsey Lohan and Paris Hilton. As it is, society all too often coddles stupid people, and makes excuses for them. I'm all for removing all the warning labels from products...and letting the problem take care of itself

/rant off
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            . I'm all for removing all the warning labels from products...and letting the problem take care of itself

/rant off
            Yeah, I tend to expect peanuts in my beanut butter and MILK in my milk.... But then again, my IQ's over five.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Actually, no it's not. If it was, we wouldn't have idiots like Lindsey Lohan and Paris Hilton. As it is, society all too often coddles stupid people, and makes excuses for them. I'm all for removing all the warning labels from products...and letting the problem take care of itself

/rant off
              I'll second that!

In the days of yore when there was no such thing as a warning label, idiots usually had short lifespans that ended in ways that were either pitiable or worthy of a Darwin Award.

Now? They become movie stars and politicians and hot-shots of all kinds.

Comment

Working...
              X