This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I want red

I can't beleive someone would do this, maybe I can.

This jo calls in wanting a sup because the local office would only exchange the phone he has(which is blue) for the same type and .color He wanted a superviosr to call the store and make them exchange it for a red phone because he didn't want blue. I tried to explain to him that the phones have to be exchanged like for like,hence he has to take a blue phone. The guy kept getting pissy because we were not treating him fairly in his eyes. I had to call a lead to ask if the reasoning was the like for like and they said yes, but if he wants to take it up with someone he has to go back to the store.
    I had to make the guy hold longer so I could stop laughing. So I finaly tell him this and he goes, fine I'll keep the blue phone but I won't like it.
    I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Actually, I can understand the customer's reasoning. The guts of the phone are the same, what difference should the color matter? If he was sucky about it, then he deserves to be forced to keep blue. Personally, I prefer blue, anyway.
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Oh suck it up. For the last month, my masculine father has been carrying around a pink phone with roses as a screensaver because it was cheap.
      The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Why didn't he just get red in the first place?
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Whoa. I know you and everyone you work with will be losing a lot of sleep over the fact that "he won't like it." Harsh. That guy doesnt' play around.

Comment

It does seem kind of silly that it can't be exchanged for a different color, if it's the same model...
            however, he was being a big about it so too bad...

And I like blue better, too.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

He's not going to like it? OH NOEZ.......
              I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                He's not going to like it? OH NOEZ.......
                Yeah, isn't that what a 4-year-old says when you tell 'em to finish their peas?

-ams- loves peas
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

And is it some bizarro model that doesn't have skins? I've seen more than one phone (in the lost & found, no less) that had decals, etc enough to completely obliterate the original color. Seriously, is the guy a diehard (insert team with red color) fan or something?
                  I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                    Actually, I can understand the customer's reasoning. The guts of the phone are the same, what difference should the color matter? If he was sucky about it, then he deserves to be forced to keep blue. Personally, I prefer blue, anyway.
                    Mostly it's an inventory control/SKU number issue. The blue has one sku the red has another. They could do an exchange, since they are functionally the same phone, but it creates a real head ache on the inventory management end of the business. Since, rather than just showing a Blue sku sold, than would need to account for why one sku was substituted for another....was it customer preference or was one sku out of stock and the customer accepted the other as a sub, etc.

Now imagine the company sells a million units of this particular sku and 10% of the purchasers decide they chose the wrong color and want to do the same exchange as this customer. That's 100,000 sku's that have to special annotiations attached to them. And since most companies have some type of auditing process for their inventory, these notes need to be made.

That creates a whole other process for inventory control, which slows down and complicates a simple process. The company offsets this issue by hiring additional people, which lowers the companies profit margin.

So to recap, your company just became less profitability all because people are fixated on accessorizing and don't know what they want, even when they ask for it.

I hate the color of my phone, I've learned to cope since the color doesn't effect the phones perfomance.
                    Last edited by LifeCarnie; 01-02-2008, 06:20 PM.
                    Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

I know when the razor phones first came out each time a new color would come out it would cost more then the other razors. So pretty much if someone had a black and wanted to the pink there is a price differance as well even though everything inside the phone is all the same.

I personally hated to color of my old phone i had it for 2 years I bought some phone decals (stickers that don't leave a sticky residue) that you could print what ever you wanted to on it using an inkjet printer. I put pictures of my kids on there so it was the most personalized phone around.

Comment

Working...
                      X