This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
    I actually had someone come up and say they were looking for a specific band, and that I was probably too young to have heard of them. The band they were looking for? Led Zeppelin.

sadly after the Rob Thomas/Santana song came out I got to witness the following exchange:

Stuart J Pid(call him Stu)
    Awesome clerk

Stu-"yeah I'm trying to find out if this one band has released any albums yet?
    AC-"who are you looking for?
    Stu-"this great new band-you've probably never heard of them-Santana?
    AC(who I know for a fact has every santana album on vinyl)-"hmmm Santana-how do you spell that?"
    Stu-"oh man-I knew you wouldn't know the new stuff"
    AC-"well considering Carlos Santana released his first album in 1969-he's hardly new-but I wouldn't expect the MTV generation to know of any music before videos were made to promote them"

Me-off to the side of the counter giggling and pointing"hee hee idiot"
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
      Stuart J Pid(call him Stu)
      Did he marry into the 'Pididiot' family? Did they just shorten his last name? Come on! C'mon! Banana ladies are inquiring!
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Interior Desecrator View Post
        I had one lady who had spent WAY too much time researching kitchen remodeling on the internet. (She deserves her own post, so I won't go into detail.)
        Please do tell! We love the crazies!

Comment

I had a lot of fun when wrestling was hugely popular in the mid 90s and people who just started watching would try to play "didja know" with me, when I've been a fan since I was about 5 or so.

Quite a few times I get people calling in at work expecting to lord their vast knowledge of TV over the dumber-than-a-cake-of-soap phone rep, only to have them saying "wow I never knew that" by the end of the call
          "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Working...
          X