This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home grown organic stupid

So this doesn't really involve me, but it happened at my register.
    This lady comes up to my register and I start scanning her groceries, she has a lot of organic groceries (hey it's your money not mine) and she strikes up a conversation with the lady behind her, which is where we pick up on tonight's broadcast.

OL: Organic Lady
    CL: Customer Lady
    Me: in the background
    CL: So you by organic when ever you can?
    OL: Yep, non-organic food causes cancer...
    OL: ...and AIDS.
    CL: *looks at me*
    Me:

OK lady, I can, maybe, wrap my head around the cancer thing despite the fact that more evidence is proving there to be no significant difference, but AIDS? AIDS? WTF MATE!?
    Well that was a bit like sand-blasting a soup cracker.

I'm big on organic foods for me and my pets, too, when possible, but the only way I can think that conventional foods would cause AIDS is if you shared dirty needles with the guy who sprays the pesticides...
    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

We had one lady who refused to buy our organic produce because it came on the same truck as the non organic stuff.

Comment

AIDS!! I wonder where she gets her information from.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          We had one lady who refused to buy our organic produce because it came on the same truck as the non organic stuff.
          I work in produce, and the only big thing between organic and regular produce, is that the organic stuff is grown in fertilizer that hasn't been treated with chemicals, or sprayed with artificial chemicals. They still get treated with pesticides, but not the kind you get from your local hardware store or nursery.
          And the sky was full of stars... and every star, an exploding ship, one of ours...

Comment

Working...
          X