This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with trying to make ...

people happy. Two people who are two of the people I care most for in this world constantly put me in a catch 22. They want me to do the exact opposite of what the other wants. Every choice, including not making a choice, is wrong. I am sort of at my wits end.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

There is only one person that you need to make happy. You will find him in the mirror.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

What csquared said. Also, is it possible to/have you considered bringing those two people together, explaining the dilemma, and telling them to call you when they've reached a consensus?

If you're truly damned if you do, damned if you don't, then go with whatever choice seems most ethically correct. If there's no clear distinction and you honestly have no personal preference, flip a coin.

I would, no matter what course of action you decide to follow, TELL these people about the position they keep putting you in. People who care about YOU will try to refrain. And if they don't care, then maybe you shouldn't care about them quite so much... either way the problem is either solved or at least diminished.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        There is only one person that you need to make happy. You will find him in the mirror.
        I third this, the only person that matters in the way of happiness is yourself. You can only do so much for everyone else before it becomes much more worse then, take care of yourself first then others as you can.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
        X