X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh... ...

Comment

• What does Sapputiyok sense of the people of this dimension? And of the shapeshifter in particular?
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Well it really depends. For the common person, ordinary powers/abilities nothing special (for their race at least). For the Galaxy Rangers .. every one has more power and abilities then the average person of their race. Let me explain..

For instance a Andromedian Male has semi low intelligence but very high strength and toughness. In fact since their nervous system is so 'insulated' it takes several minutes for them to feel pain/etc IF they feel it at all. They have been known to fight 'dead' for several hours before the brain gets the information that the body is dead. Average height is around 8' tall, and they have six arms. Oh and they are purple. Now the females are a little smaller (7' average height) and have only 2 arms. They are not as strong as the males, but Andromeda is a female controlled planet as the males are somewhat... slow in thinking.

Now if you compared a human male vs an Andromedian male the Andromedian male's 'average' strength would be much higher. But compared to another Andromedian male both would be the same. (I know you know all this, this is just examples). Now a Galaxy Ranger Male Andromedian would not only have powers (anything from telekenetic to shapechanging) but normally be stronger/smarter then the average Andromedian.

So here are the 'norms' for the species you will meet.

Mercury- Elf like species with quick reflexes and advance melee abilities. ((Unlike fantasy elves they are not any better at ranged weapons then the other species)). Despite being 'slim' they are a bit stronger then humans as well. Female and male have equal authority/etc .. age and not sex decide who is in charge. They are a race that respects and listens to their elders.

Venus - Militant Female controlled planet. Males are physically weaker and treated pretty much as slaves/cattle. Respect is earned by being strong in combat, and the hierarchy is combat determined. Any Venetian can challenge for any spot, but the person challenged can declare it a combat to the death. Females can rival male Andromedians in strength, Mercurians in melee combat, are peerless ranged combatants (etc). Considered the most dangerous race in the Galaxy

Earth - Typical earthlings.

Martian - Dwarven (look like red skinned dwarves) like species that are very good with machines. Strong, sturdy, and very inventive/creative.

Jupiter - Dark Purple skinned race that lives in the permanent storm on the planet. Laid back, earth surfer like species..but if they ever got angry could take over as the most dangerous race. They are literally like 'Superman' and 'Wonder Woman' every single one of them. Near indestructible, flight, etc. I mean .. they live in a permanent hurricane like storm.. they are TOUGH. They do not leave Jupiter though. There are no Galaxy Ranger members that are Jupitarian/etc

Saturn - No known intelligent species.

Uranus - Beings made of pure ice. Where the Venetians have perfected offense.. the beings from this planet have perfected defense. They are complete pacifist and prefer not to fight (think a world full of Shaolin monks made of ice), but were single handedly responsible for shutting down the Venetian/Federation war. Just as strong, etc as those from venus. They have no concept of different sexes etc. They reproduce by 'budding'.

Neptune - Giant super intelligent Jellyfish. They have no offensive or defensive capability, but every race protects them.. as they are the librarians of this Galaxy. They not only can share information instantly between them and store unlimited knowledge..they have the largest library in this dimension. What one Neptonian knows, they all know instantly.

Pluto - Also has no Galaxy Ranger members. When Uranians become so big, they come here. Uranians/Plutarians are essentially ageless. They grow every year, however. Some have become as large as mountains. Pluto is actually made of Uranians rolled up into a ball (remember this is fiction..I can make my worlds however I want ).

As for Adam (aka Pipsqueak though you haven't heard this name yet)

You sense he is a very powerful shapechanger, and that his powers change when he changes forms. He can assume the shape of anybody he has ever met (yes that means that right now he can become whoever is in the room with him and Colt, including Colt himself) AND their power and abilities. You would not be able to ever tell them apart either, even with your 'sight' since your sight would see ONLY the abilities of the form he is in (except his original form) and he would know everything that Colt knows or will know.

Edit 2 : The reason Adam's race is not listed here is (You will learn this soon) he is the last of his race. In their 'normal' form (the 4' blue furry form) they are very vulnerable and a disease killed all of them. Adam himself can only stay in his normal form for short periods of time or risk dying to this disease (no cure, only affects his race)

Well you would have figured the above out, but he got sidetracked lol.
        Last edited by Mytical; 12-03-2013, 04:07 PM.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Yes there is not only one way to figure things out/stop thing/etc .. there are multiple ways. It's your two's job to figure out which path you want to take.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• You two may have noticed Goldie and Shem have been awful quiet. Your characters will not notice however. Even they will have forgotten Goldie and Shem at this point. It's starting to unravel time for even them.. time is literally running out.

Comment

• If Sapputiyok currently has Strongarm's memories, then what did he say or do to convince them? Appeal to their pride, ok, but how?
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Deaths... the number of species that will parish in a prolonged war with the Venetians. They are protectors, and value all life. So far they have been neutral, but the war is growing. More people are dying every minute. If they don't act, then many more lives will be lost.

It is not so much what he said though, as how he said it. From the heart, with passion. He believed every word, and he believed they were the only hope for ending the war.

Comment

• Another question: if Sapputiyok has access to Strongarm's memories, does xe "remember" what Strongarm's opinion of xer is?
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

• He thinks very highly of both Xer and Colt. That both are competent and knowledgeable. He does wish that Sapputiyok was a little less serious about things, and that Colt would lose the chip on his shoulder but he definitely thinks the two of them will do great things.

Comment

• Is it too late to get in on this game? I might want to play.
                      Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Never too late . Just post the idea for a character you have, and I will work you in.

Comment

• remind me what the GM believes is the chip on Colt's shoulder?

Comment

• I want to do a Kamen Rider type of character. When he enters the current dimension he wakes up wearing his armor and trying to figure out what happened, as well as trying to figure out his new powers. Armor is loosely based of a firefly and powers are fire elemental.
                            Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
                              remind me what the GM believes is the chip on Colt's shoulder?
                              The GM has nothing to do with it . John thinks he has a chip on his shoulder, because of a couple of incidents. Like when he killed the one guy and thought that it would cause trouble for instance. Basically John just thinks he should loosen up.

As for the Character, write a bio. Name, description, and the like and I will fit him in.

Comment

• ah. Got it

Comment

Working...
                                X