This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospital employee complaint

This happened yesterday while I was volunteering at the hospital I have been volunteering off & on since 1996.

I volunteer at Volunteer Services answering the phone. Due to the holiday weekend, there were not many volunteers helping out. The weekend Volunteer Services Coordinator was off Friday & Saturday, & so another Volunteer Services employee was covering for her.

The phone rings, & so I answer it. The hospital employee on the other end requested some shampoo for a patient on the floor she was working on. She put me on hold a couple of times because 1) she had to get the patients name *the volunteers have to write down the patients name on the log in sheet in Volunteer services* & 2) to find out if the patient wanted anything else. While I was on hold, another came came in. The Volunteer Services employee answered that call. When the hospital employee got back on the line for the second time, she said "Why do you tell the employees calling your dept. that there are no volunteers to deliver supplies to patients?" I let her know that due to the holiday weekend we were short staffed, but I could bring the shampoo to the patient.

I found out from the Volunteer Services employee who took the other phone call that she told the person calling 1) that due to the holiday weekend, we were short staffed, & 2) a volunteer would be able to deliver the shampoo, but she was not sure exactly when.

Luckily a volunteer had arrived a couple of minutes before the phone call, & so she delivered the shampoo to the patient.
Working...
X