This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forthcoming!

I've had a few people asking me about funding of the site and if they can help. Well, as you can see, there are no adverts on the site, and there used to be a Site Supporter status, but I'm not running that sort of system. The short version is that I run this out of my pocket - server, software licences, and everything.

As mentioned elsewhere, I am under way with the T-shirts - eagerly awaiting a reply from a company that should be able to deal with this on the site's behalf at the moment. There will be a banner advert on the site for that when they become available, so this is a warning that I'm intending only selling out to myself.

The other thing is likely to be ready in a shorter time. We're going to start selling prints of the weekly comic strips - full resolution and full A4 page size. I'm looking at 160gm paper (standard printer/photocopy paper is 80gm) and laminated. These will be based on the originals - a few comics had digital corrections from the original to the versions you see. They'll be shipped in card envelopes via air mail, and you'd be able to ... look at it, or post it up at work to amuse yourself etc. Hey, you bought it, you can do what you want with it...

It's likely to be roughly three weeks before Jennie gets the files to me for the fifty or so strips we have in our archives, so I'm giving fair warning for people interested. I'm going to be working on a price of roughly £5.50 per strip including postage (that's UK currency - roughly ten and a half dollars for US currency at the moment). I'm still to finalise the costs, but that's the area I'm looking at. That level of price will help me defray the costs of the site. I certainly don't expect the site to pay for itself, but it would be useful if it would lessen the costs of the comic strips. I'd obviously have some sort of discount for multiple prints bought for one delivery

There's no compunction on people to buy prints, nor will I be offended if people don't buy any. However, if you're interested in helping, then think about buying some prints when they become available. You've got time to decide which ones you are interested in buying, if interested, so get browsing.

I'm sure a few people will ask about donating directly to the site. I tend to work on a something for something basis, so that's not in the offing. What I need to know, however, is the amount of interest in this. That's why this is a poll.

You've got "I want to buy print(s)" and "Meh". Feel free to click on either - we can't tell who clicked what. I don't really want to know who, but what I need to know is how many supplies to get in advance.

Feel free to leave comments below.

Rapscallion
    I want to buy print(s)!
    40.43%
    Meh...
    59.57%

umm how do we vote on the poll? it says i do not have permission to vote on this poll

Comment

Interesting...

Let me get back to you on that.

EDITNOTE - try now.

Rapscallion
      Last edited by Rapscallion; 03-12-2007, 06:54 PM.

Comment

still nothing

Comment

Try now. I think I've sorted it.

Rapscallion

Comment

works now, thanks Raps

Comment

1: So its going to be roughly 10 dollars for me as an American, PER strip? SO just one comic? Not them all at once as a book?

2: If I buy the strips, can I sleep with them??
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Roughly ten dollars, yes - exchange rates may vary, and I'm thinking of making sure I don't have to change the price every so often by pricing them in sterling.

Sleep with them? Once they leave the UK in their envelope, they're all yours

Rapscallion

Comment

Oh, I would so totally buy the strips I'm featured in!!!!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I believe there's just one part of a strip that features me... I could buy that. XD
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Hey, can we pay extra for new strips featuring a short comic story based on the buyer? So I could get a new comic of a funny story of me, for like, 20 bucks?
                      Military Spouse Support.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

If people have comic strip ideas for tales they've come up with, I'm more than happy to consider putting them into script format. The time delay for this could be a week or six weeks depending on where you are in the cycle, but I'm up for ideas. If it's good, I'd do it as per normal.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          I'm sure a few people will ask about donating directly to the site. I tend to work on a something for something basis, so that's not in the offing.
                          But you're already giving us something for nothing...
                          Raps, this is the first site I've ever wanted to help support monetarily. I would rather send in a donation, or wait till the t-shirts are ready to go, if you insist.

(I can't believe I actually want to send out money...I must be getting senile in my old(er) age!)
                          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                            I believe there's just one part of a strip that features me... I could buy that. XD
                            That's what I was thinking...then I could post it in my store XD
                            Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

I was thinking of buying some of the tech support strips to put up at work, seeing as my desk is nicely hidden from 'customer' view by a big white screen.
                              Proactive Karma Engineer

Comment

Working...
                              X