Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you have worked too long in retail when...(game?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you've been driving a truck for too long when:

- You go to back your car out of a space, and find yourself moving forward (on a truck, reverse is leftmost "gate" of the gearshift and push forward, on a car that's first gear).
    - You go to refuel your car and wonder why the nozzle won't fit
    - You go to refuel your car, put in the nozzle, then walk around to the other side and wonder where the satelite pump is (along with the other filler cap to put it into).
    - You keep trying to unlock your car with your truck key
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

You know you've been in fast food too long when:

-you know the menu prices off by heart
      -you automatically start making the order of an old grump with a heart of gold when they come in
      -the standard greeting by customers is "Kokopuff3, you're still here?!"
      -you have dreams/nightmares of being at work at least 1 time per week
      -you can accurately predict rush times
      -you have been through four different store managers
      -it was your first job at 17 and you're in your early twenties

Comment

You know you've worked in retail for too long when...

-the second they reduce the overall price on chicken, it only takes you 5 hours to memorise and type in the new barcode automatically. Now you do it for all chickens.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

You know you've worked in tech support too long when...

a problem that you've never seen before comes up and you still there truly stunned that you've never seen that error message before..

you become more and more tempted to sink into the lands of BOFH (Bastard Operator from Hell).

the only thing more satisfying than air hammering a laptop is really taking a hammer to a laptop. (Not that I've gotten to take a hammer to a laptop, but one can dream)
          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
            you become more and more tempted to sink into the lands of BOFH (Bastard Operator from Hell).
            You know you've been in support/sys admin land for too long when you have to walk away from your computer to prevent caving to the urge to shut off a seasoned tech's phone and login information for bugging you about an issue the newbies fresh out of training are able to handle.

I was HIGHLY tempted to do it today, too. Escalation procedure means a tier 1 tech NEVER speaks to an admin directly, and this is why. All us admins go the way of BOFH from time to time.
            Coworker: Distro of choice?
            Me: Gentoo.
            Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

You know you've worked in a a grocery store too long when you change companies and still answer the phone or get on the PA and say the name of the old company.

(this has happened to me on more than one occasion.)

- You know most of the produce PLU's by heart without a list
              - You have several vendors' phone numbers memorized
              - You automatically know how many 12 pks/2 ltrs/6pk .5 oz are on one pallet and can multiply how many layers by the number of cases on the layer by memory (ie, 5 layers of 8 8-pack shelves of 2 ltrs equals 40, which is one full pallet. Pepsi has their 12 pack cans on pallets of 108, or 9 packs (2 12 packs per pack) times 12 layers high. Coke has their 12 pack cans on pallets of 8 x 12, for a total of 96 on a full pallet. You get the drift here . . .)

- You know if there's 12 varieties of x brand ice cream on sale at 2/5 and the scanning office only sends 10 tags, then the other 2 varieties are also on sale if they are the same price point and you can simply make handmade tags until they send the missing tags.

I'll try to think of some more tomorrow . . .*yawn*
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

You've been in retail too long when someone walks up to you with a book in hand, with mouth open to ask a question, and your automatic response is "It's 20 % off the cover price."
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You've definitely been in retail for too long when you can effectively quote your union contract verbatim.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                  X