Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folks ... you do know what night it is, right ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folks ... you do know what night it is, right ...

7 p.m. on my shift tonight.

Customer: "You're all out of Halloween candy??"

Me:

And this was by far not the first nor the only customer to ask this. One guy who was on "door duty" said people would come skidding in and say "You've still got Halloween candy, right?"

Coworker: "Um, no, we ran out a day or so ago." (True)

Customer(s): "WHAAAAT?!?"
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

They're almost as stupid as the creatures who'd show up at the Wal-Mart where I worked once upon a time on Christmas Day, the only day of the year we were actually closed. I know about them because I used to be friends with the main security guard there.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Considering how little actual Trick Or Treating there was this year, it's surprising stores actually sold out of candy.

I remember when kids would roll through with packages of eggs on Halloween, and having to remind the cashier not to sell it to them.

Comment

Based on what I have seen on the Book of Faces, some neighborhoods did get the notice that we are in a pandemic.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I was somewhere Saturday and heard someone asking for costumes. It was probably the discount store with limited stock, now that I think about it. I mean, they have very few to begin with. This was around 4:00 pm when little kids' trick-or-treat had already started.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I usually don't buy Halloween candy anyways, because I'm either just sitting around waiting for the two or so Trick or Treaters I DO get [if they come around at all] or I'm working. But it never fails I see customers panicking that's it's Halloween and they don't have their candy ready.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
              Considering how little actual Trick Or Treating there was this year, it's surprising stores actually sold out of candy.
              That's because the adults are buying for themselves, probably as comfort food tonight (election night).
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

We had people coming in buying candy "because they didn't expect so many kids". I had one customer about 9 say that for an hour they streets were crowded and then they just emptied out. We were pretty steady all night, even when it slowed down.
                I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Based on what I have been hearing, most of the trick-or-treat alternatives (trunk-or-treat, mall, etc) did not happen, so all the kids hit the streets.
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                  X