This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not a DIY panel beating service

We'd just had a price change so I changed the price board, and my boss was using a fire hose to hose down some suspicious looking muck in the parking area. I was halfway back to the store when I heard this weird repetitive thumping sound. My boss dropped the fire hose and dashed over to the automatic car wash and hit the emergency stop.

An electrician had taken his van through the automatic wash. You've probably seen electricians' vans before. They have roof racks loaded up with ladders and so on and a big white pipe that holds conduit or other assorted long, thin items.

The big pipe thing and the ladders had come loose, and the thumping sound was them putting dents in the roof of the van. Parts of the roof rack were broken and all the equipment was moved from the original positions.

This is why automatic car washes have signs saying "no roof racks"

(My boss and I realised what was going on at the same time, he was a bit closer than I was. I picked up the fire hose and finished the job he'd started.)

I've never noticed such a sign but it is just common sense. Why would anyone with half a brain think that stuff could go through an auto-wash?

Oh. Never mind. Answered my own question.

(my truck is a bicycle which, I assume is also banned)
    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Damn hat, the image made me laugh so hard I almost woke the BF and the cat... LOL

Btw when is the guy suing you for the twenty million dollar damage to his van because you purpossefully hid the sign and ushered him in with an evil malevolent plan in your head?? (that was sarcasm btw... directed at the van moron)
      I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Try have some stretch limo driver use your car wash and realise the vehicle is too long for the wash. they used our car wash because some mysterious "someone" (not my cashier or anyone at the gas station) told them it would fit
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
          Btw when is the guy suing you for the twenty million dollar damage to his van because you purpossefully hid the sign and ushered him in with an evil malevolent plan in your head?? (that was sarcasm btw... directed at the van moron)
          The boss made copies of the CCTV of him buying the wash code and entering the wash, just in case that happens. (On the tape of him in the store there's no indication as to what kind of vehicle he drives, just that he wants to wash it)

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          Try have some stretch limo driver use your car wash and realise the vehicle is too long for the wash. they used our car wash because some mysterious "someone" (not my cashier or anyone at the gas station) told them it would fit
          The limo drivers that come to my work actually have brains (it's a requirement for the job around here) and use the wash-it-yourself bays.

Comment

Working...
          X